Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 16 September 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful, peaceful week -- the last week before the Autumn Equinox. 

Instead of a picture, here are two short videos:

I love THIS OWL. Unfortunately, I can make that same face when I'm angry about something important. Seriously. LOL! (Video is 10 seconds.)

Annette needs ONE OF THESE to help her harvest oranges from her tree. LOL! (Video is 1 minute 38 seconds.)

Take care, all. 

• Good news, OG -  Keep it up!  

I've been to Boots to get medication etc. and took the time to get my photos on a disc:  this means I can empty my camera for the forthcoming hols, and also that I can now show you what two Superheroes look like!!

Here are Tomasz and his cousin Amber, being very serious - there was lots of giggling, after that!

• Diane:  I think the storm is over now for most people here.  Some damage around the country,  I noticed a very large old tree had come down near here which is sad, it was still in full leaf.

• Oh LINDY - feel for you regarding the petrol tale. Sometimes life just doesn't go right.

Lovely pics of your grandchildren x

Another day with not a lot done, here. In between showers I walked around the back garden, looking at things to be done if and when we get a few dry days.

• Heather: Well, we can't blame AQ for confusing us - we do look so much alike!  :-)

OG: Glad eye op went well; that must be interesting, having an eye playing catch up with partner.....

Niece is now at LAX en route to NY.  I've done laundry, remade the beds, etc.  Plan to do Not Much At All over the weekend

Will catch up later....

• You must have enjoyed having your niece to stay, Annette. She must have had a whale of a time :-)   Now however, you can put your feet up for a bit!

Well, we've had another eventful day!

This morning, my OH came down to find that Bonnie had been sick on the dining room carpet - she has been chewing at some of the dried up sweetcorn which has been growing in nearby fields. They farm it to feed to cattle. It was so hard and woody, that her body had rejected it. He cleaned it all up.

Then whilst I was sorting out the laundry, I heard him shout from the garage. As soon as I opened the door to look, he said "Don't come in!"  He had knocked a pot of white emulsion paint down from a shelf and the lid had come off.  What a mess!!  It was on the floor, on his slippers, on his trousers, on the front of the freezer door.....  I threw him some dry newspapers and took his slippers, leaving him with bare feet. He cleaned it all up.

This afternoon, he was watching TV and I was looking at my emails. Suddenly, I heard him swear and shout again! It was raining hard as we've had stormy weather again today, and there was water dripping down the inside of the sitting room wall!  He jumped up and ran to look outside. We've had a lot of moss on our roof and it's been blocking up the ridges and gutters. He went out with a ladder to poke at the trapped moss. I put down towels indoors and moved lamps in case they got wet. Then later, we cleaned it all up.........

......  We can't wait to go on holiday!!

• Is it tomorrow you go, LINDA?  Have a great time!

• Hope the eye is going well, OG.

We go at Silly O'clock on Sunday morning. The flight leaves at 6.30am so we will have to get up at 3.00am!!

• Heather – Expecting a sunny day, max 21 C.

OG - I hope your eye doing well.

Linda – Last minute dramas? I would say your holiday is overdue.  Do have a great time. Relax and enjoy.

My day yesterday did not improve. I managed to get my car across suburbs for service soon after 9 am. While I wait, I usually walk to library but it doesn’t open until 10 am. Sat knitting in waiting room, trying to ignore vacuous morning TV, then walked 10 mins along main road (traffic, fumes) to library. Oh, barricades! It is being refurbished; a construction site. Workman directed me to relocation, road beside a park, over bridge (dry creek). It is a smaller venue; they have only childrens & fiction. Aaagh! The non-fiction is in storage until next year. I’m sure it was advertised locally in their suburb but not in mine. Back to car waiting room, hoping service would be finished early. Oh no, of course not, half hour later than predicted. Home at last, I had some leftovers for lunch. An hour later I had what my mother called a “pain in the pinny”. Lunch must have been off. Miserable afternoon. Good excuse for a simple salad tea. OH had been out for lunch and wasn’t hungry.

In Aussieland strawberries have been found with needles hidden in them.  Culprit/s has not been found yet, but thought to be a disgruntled worker. As well there are copycat idiots and false reports. Tonnes of strawberries have been dumped. Some growers & distribution centres are installing metal detectors. To help the growers, many people are now buying extra punnets and cutting up the fruit.

• Lindy: I hope your cruise is everything that you wish it to be. I'm sending good energy for lovely weather, a safe journey, fond memories, and lots of love and laughter. Have a great time!

AQ: Dang. I hate it when I walk somewhere only to find the place closed. I bought two novels at the local Goodwill (cheap charity shop) for only a $1 each to avoid walking up the steep hill to the local library. Hope you'll feel 100% soon. I saw THIS PHOTO of the church and the penguins and thought of you. I saw that story about the strawberries on our news. What is wrong with people?

OG: Sending you healing energy, my friend.

Get some rest, Annette. I'll be back tomorrow to start the new thread and wish everyone a happy equinox. 

• Good Morning.  Dry here, after a wet and breezy day yesterday, which included hail at times!

AQ -  How annoying, having to wait overlong for the car, and also lack of information on library. Hope your tum has now recovered.

Diane - enjoyed the photos, although I'd seen some of them before. Thank you for your good wishes.

Off to wash my hair and to pop out to buy something to eat tonight. Hoping for a better day today than yesterday!!