Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, wonderful week. 

Wolf, Yellowstone National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• OG/ANNETTE - son has managed to lose weight in the past but has gained again. I hope that this is a wake up call. He already has knee problems.

I hope that I'm not to late to wish DIANE a good time dogsitting!

• Annette - As you say, what social life? -- We certainly didn't have one when at school, although my brother did go to the Scouts. Hope all the carpet cleaning goes to plan. Don't go lifting anything heavy!

Had a pleasant day, went shopping this morning for grub supplies, and found that there was some sort of event going on in the middle of Caernarfon. Lots of children and adults dressed as pirates! My OH got a couple of cheap, used, paperbacks on a stall, and I browsed a shop and came out with a pretty pink cardigan very much reduced in the end of season Sale. In the afternoon, we went for a seafront walk where Bonnie found a couple of other dogs to play "chase me" with. It's been cloudy and threatened rain a couple of times, but stayed dry.

Off to cook our chicken in wine, courtesy of M&S, with our own green runner beans and some new potatoes we bought, plus Scottish strawberries for pud!

• Granddaughter and d in law left this morning. Very quiet here now, especially as downstairs builders pack up at 2pm on Saturdays. Heaven!

Annette, what a wonderful itinerary you have arranged for your niece. You must think a lot of her. I am sure she will love it.

OG  Granddaughter is nine. She went to Greece (or one of the  small Islands) with her mother, maternal uncle and grandmother as well as two cousins

Not old enough to go off on her own just yet

• Happy birthday Gillian. Enjoy your high tea.