Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, wonderful week. 

Wolf, Yellowstone National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good Morning.  Dry here, and lots of gambolling bunnies outside to excite Bonnie! Annette, the only thing I forgot this time was a large cushion which I had taken home before, to make room for our family to spread themselves around. I did bring back a lot of clothes which I keep here "just in case I need it" and I'd removed them to free up room in the wardrobe. They have left the caravan clean and tidy, bless 'em.  Our Youngest is very considerate. There are usually a few bits of jigsaw puzzle under the cushions!

AQ - Your meal sounded good, but I might have had your OHs choice, I love fish.

Bonnie's Blog:

Well, yesterday was rather odd, as my Mum spent the morning running around the house, gathering stuff and putting it all in the hall. I was worried they might be planning to go somewhere and leave me behind, but eventually my Dad came home and put me in the car so then I started squeaking with excitement, and kept it up for quite a while on our journey. When we got here they left me in the car while they got everything out, but then Dad took me on the beach for a run about, which I enjoy. 

Now I'm busy watching the bunnies - there are lots of them here and they're getting braver all the time, only running away when a Human is walking about. I keep trying to tell Dad that they might invade our place, but he tells me off if I scratch the windows!

• Hi all.

Sheila – good to see you on this thread!  I hope all is well with you,

Diane – I hope you can get some comfortable relaxation in Indianapolis!

Linda – and Bonnie – enjoy your break in Wales.

Rosy – I thought your Granddaughter was younger – didn’t realise she was of an age to be hopping around Europe on her own!  Enjoy the belated birthday afternoon tea!

Annette – complicated itinerary with your niece - enjoy!

AQ – pleased you both enjoyed a good dinner out!

J is back at work (INSET) today – and was ready on time.  Good to be back to our routine – except OH can’t remember what that is!  Two deliveries expected today so I need to stay near the front door while he is out, or I don’t get there in time.

Meant to say, we had a piebald (part leucistic) Jackdaw in the garden yesterday – very attractive, but all alone!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hi everyone

Lots of chat which is great. Thank you.

AQ love the sausages and plenty potential for lots of play. Glad that you and OH got out for a meal.

Sorry Annette got mixed up with your visitors. Hilarious that building up a piece of furniture resulted in the police being involved. I worked for 20 years a a customer advisor for a large satellite TV company. Loved my job but very pressured and 20 years was enough. Good employer and plenty perks. Also ran a baking business in my spare (!) time. Made celebration cakes but a change in my hours at my main job meant that it was not so easy doing cakes for a Saturday which is when a lot of wedding cakes were required. No formal training but always been a keen baker.

Lindybird - sure your eldest looks forward to his mums home cooking. Nothing is ever as good. Enjoy your break in Wales. Loved the poem.

OG - went to Fortrose. Have a caravan and it was a smashing site. Right on the beach and saw dolphins almost daily. lucky daughter living on the Black Isle.

Diane - have a lovely time doggie sitting. A change is as good as a rest so they say.

Going to have a quiet couple of days. Going out for a family meal on Sunday cos it's my birthday. Will be 60. My goodness too young to be a GG. having high tea which is my favourite. 14 of us going. Looking forward to that. Lucky that both families get on well, most of the time. They kind of grew up together as my partner and I went out together for 15 years then had a break for 15 years got back together 4 years ago. I live in partners house as it's in a much nicer location than mine. I have a house in Kirkcaldy which my grandson lives in. He is autistic but is managing very well   He loves the peace and quiet.

Again sorry for rambling on. Have a great weekend everyone.

• Morning all:

Gillian: First off:  Happy Birthday and yes indeed, that is young to be a great-grandmother!  You must be a fan of the Great British Baking (Bake Off)?  I'm a complete waste of space in the kitchen but loved to watch it (the one with Mary Berry, Paul H and the two funny ladies) but I haven't seen it since they split up. Have you seen the new version?  Will you take up baking again now you're retired?  My friend's family are all fab bakers, even the guys, and one couple take their goodies to their local farmer's market every Saturday and do very well. It's easier for home bakers in California since the state reecently passed a law allowing commercial baking to be done in domestic kitchens (thus avoiding lots of red tape, etc, etc).  Nice to read your son does well and is independent. Have fun on Sunday.   Gosh, congrats also on surviving 20 years dealing with the public.  You must have a calm personality!

OG:  Well, my OH and I were "arguing" Tuesday night about which news show to watch and he insisted that one particular show wasn't on "on Sundays" then, after a pause, "Oh, right."   I didn't get the (INSET) part of your post??

Window cleaners due this morning, so much moving about of things that could be in their way.  Carpet cleaners due next Tuesday, which means I should think about other similar chores.   Oh joy.

Have a good evening everyone.

• Well, both the deliveries came after the shopping was done, but OH managed to miss both - the first one he was putting shopping in the garage freezer and the second one he was fetching lettuce from the garden for lunch - so I still had to get to the door.

Hello again, GILLIAN.  Did you try the Eilean Dubh Restaurant when you went to Fortrose?  A café in the daytime and bistro style in the evening - lots of homegrown and locally sourced food and a good place for the vegetarians in the family - that is, so long as it hasn't changed in the last two or three years!  Have a lovely meal and family gathering for your 60th on Sunday; good that they all get on so well together.  Lovely that you have a spare house for your Grandson to live quietly - and good to read that he is doing well on his own.  Our Son J is a learning assistant and spends a lot of time with young people at various points on the Spectrum - all very different.

Very windy here today, with plenty of sudden showers - looks like a wet weekend too - but warmer.

• Sorry, ANNETTE, we "crossed" again.  "INSET" for teachers and the like is IN SErvice Training. Pleased you have the cleaning underway; but don't do too much yourself!

• I hope you have a wonderful birthday, Gillian!

Western Tanager
    U.S. National Park Service
    Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Gillian: don't worry about' rambling on', I wish I could find the time to be able to do so, being a full time carer doesn't leave too much spare time.

I have got through the first two of my injections but with the random appointments I am getting to the point when I don't know whether I am coming or going. I have though noticed that I can get up the high street in Monmouth without my legs complaining and my arms seem to be getting a bit of strength back. GP is happy and I next see him in 6 weeks. Just got next week's appointments to juggle with and one the following week then life can become 'normal' again.

Weather interesting as overcast all day and outside temperatures that I haven't seen for a couple of months!

• Annette - many thanks. Enjoyed GBBO but not seen the new version.  Liked very much an American baking show but can't remember what it was called. It was based it Baltimore. We too have relaxed council laws for people running small businesses at home. Still had to get a certificate though. OH would perhaps disagree that I am laid back although that was usually a comment included in yearly review at work. Had to laugh at your OH getting mixed up with the days. Know the feeling. Enjoy your sparkly home.

OG - didn't go to that restaurant but will keep it in mind for next time. Your son does a valuable job. Jamie did not get qualifications at school due to bullying and him being unable to cope with a huge building with hundreds of pupils.

Diane- thanks for the beautiful card. Such a colourful bird.

FB - great news that you are feeling better. Long may it continue.

• FB - glad you are feeling some benefits from the injections - I hope the effects will continue when the course of injections finishes.