Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 August 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a peaceful, wonderful week. 

Wolf, Yellowstone National Park 
U.S. National Park Service, NPS/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Enjoy your time in the big noisy city, Diane!  It will be different, but I am sure you will enjoy your charges!

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Annette: Hummingbirds are very special. You must really enjoy having so many visit you. I'd like to see them. I hope you have a good time with your niece.

Lindy: Glad you arrived safely. Have a wonderful time. My wildlife will probably move into the house while I'm gone. I'll come home to find wild turkeys asleep in the bed and R.T. Hawk using my computer to start a Facebook account. LOL

AQ: I'm glad the meds are working for your OH. Those "sausages" are very sweet. Your grandchildren must love you very much.

OG: Yes, Biscuit has some health issues. Poor fella. I hope your granddaughter does well at uni.

Heather: That trip would have been nice, but that's a lot of money to spend on a holiday not of your own choosing and on someone else's schedule. I think you did the right thing.

Sheila: Nice to see you here. My friends live in a quiet neighborhood away from downtown, so it won't be too noisy. I used to live in a 30-floor high-rise right downtown in Indianapolis. It was inside the "loop" where all the highways came together around the urban center. That was really noisy, but I got used to it. Not sure I could stand it now, though. :-)

Hello to everyone!

• LOL, Diane!!  - have a great vision now of all the turkeys clustering around your laptop to see what the R.T. Hawk has put on Facebook!!!!!

We aim to laze around a little, but will take a couple of trips whilst here, I think.  BTW, my OH came home today with a nice surprise: he had won a minor prize in a raffle, and it was a bag full of face creams, makeup and a tiny bottle of perfume - Lancome!   (No good to him, so he gave it to me......)

• I love the sausages AQ. Why should they be boring brown? At least they can't be mistaken for anything for less savoury!

Heather, I think I understand why you did not take up the offer of the holiday with your Danish friends. It is a long way to go, and for quite a long time. Do they often go so far afield?

Annette, so much has been going on here, I forget when your niece is arriving.   I think you are driving to meet her somewhere? I am sure she is coming to see you  and will not be housework police.

Enjoy your time pet -sitting Diane. I am sure your wild animals will miss you.

The granddaughter is back for a couple of days before flying back to Cincinnati and school next week. She was  on holiday in Greece spending time with her cousins on my birthday, so we are having a special tea at a local hotel tomorrow. She did not want to miss out! Daughter in law is also here.

Thank you for your news OG and Lindy. Best wishes to everyone else.

• Enjoy your tea with your granddaughter, Rosy.

• Afternoon all:

Diane:  I'll start the thread Saturday so no worries. How long will you be gone?   Had to laugh at the prospect of the turkeys and RTH moving in.  :-))   Maybe they'll join this thread!  After all, if Bonnie can post, why not?

OG: First-year students at our local Uni have to stay in the dorms too.  But did I mention that Ms. D announced a little while back that she's "going to the college by great-nana and GP and I'll live at their house and take care of them."     :-)  We are just about 10 minutes from the campus.  

Rosy:  I'm meeting niece in New Mexico on September 3 for four days in Santa Fe, then we'll drive back through the Petrified Forest and maybe stop at the meteor crater before staying a couple of nights in Flagstaff, Arizona, during which time we'll drive up to the Grand Canyon for the day (it's just 1-1/2 hours north.  We'll then go south through Oak Creek Canyon and Sedona before stopping to visit the AZ contingent (daughter, gdaughter and ggdaughter) in Prescott Valley.  I'm afraid I'm the housework fiend around here (well, not much got done at all this summer, what with me tripping hither and yon).  :-)   How old is your granddaughter?

Lindybird: Hope you remembered all your supplies this time. Hope you don't have to clean up after your family's stay the other week.  :-)

• Diane – Looking forward to R T Hawk’s blog. Enjoy your “holiday”.

Heather – Many of the children’s books have jokes that only adults would appreciate, such as hoptician. Most are forgettable.

Annette – Nanny duty is now only Wednesday afternoons 2 pm to 5.30/6.00.

The original sausages for the Jean Greenhowe clown were beige coloured. But when twins appeared to have so much fun with just the sausages, I knitted more, and not boring beige. They wore out from being BBQ-ed so often. Hence the request for more. It is something so easy to do to please them. Soon enough they will have other interests.

Dinner was lovely. I had pork stuffed with prunes in red wine sauce, OH had the fish special - flathead with almond topping. Also Torte (potato, bacon, onion, cream, topped with pastry), beans, brussel sprouts & pumpkin. We both managed the crepes suzette. However I doubt I shall need to eat today!

• Annette: I should be back Friday (the 24th) next week. 

• Diane: Well have a nice break.

SheilaFE:  I thought I saw your name! Hope all is well with you. It's good to see you.