OFF-SEASON OBS, LOCH GARTEN NEST, 07 August 2018 ~ March 2019

EDIT

Late in the day I changed the title of this thread from "DU" to "Off-Season Obs" ~ anyone is welcome to suggest a better title than the current one :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No osprey presence yesterday, but in the evening a visit from an osprey nemesis ;)

TIGER has reminded us that we mustn't jump the gun when our ospreys don't appear on-cam, or even at the Centre, for a day or two, so we wait...

IMAGICAT

• Wow, exciting times ahead Sheila. Oh I do hope the lovely lady returns. I should have added that I will look forward to his nibs (George) returning also, only if he has read much more of the Osprey handbook of rules since he left us and dose EVERYTHING an osprey should! Bringing sticks and moss, housekeeping, mating, bringing fish, sitting on the eggs, defending, looking after EJ and hopefully the chicks. Oh dear it is getting closer to that time, fingers crossed.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• Like Catlady I so hope dear EJ will return and either have a reformed George or a new male who is quick to learn and is already wired for all that he should do so that, once again, there is a successful season at LG
  • Hi SHEILA - thanks for the news !!!

Hi PATILY - so happy to see you !!!

======================

trevor l said:

Scylla  If they keep the bird cam running  as well as the nest cam  Will it need 2 DU's ?

How Will that  Work .  Will Anyone Record the Bird cam ,( Food for thought ) 

======================

I don't usually 'do' the feeder in the osprey season, TREVOR, and probably won't this season, what with all the different nests we follow here (not that I pay full attention to any but LG).

I'm already a bit worried about covering the ospreys, a lot will depend on the nature of the cams.  Waiting with bated breath, resisting pestering Peter Carnyx for inside info ;)

IMAGICAT

• It will be interesting to see/know whether the BBC cams are for their sole use to make their films from, or whether Carnyx will be streaming them live so we ospreyholics can view thru Carnyx... If you follow my drift.
    I don't think the feeder cam usually remains live once EJ/whoever arrives.

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• Well as I’ve posted a number of times there’s a possibility that the bird-feeder webcam might continue live online as I’ve been in contact with Jess the manager of Abernethy reserve and it is technically possible to have both webcams of the Osprey nest webcam and the bird-feeder webcam live online simultaneously at the same time, as I had been in touch with Carnyx Wild about this and it might be happening this year when the Osprey nest is switched on live and online on the Carnyx Wild website along with the RSPB Loch Garten website as well. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that this does happen.

Regards,

Ian.

• I'm only just going thru the feeder for the FIRST of MARCH, and found a surprise :o

I'm not telling you what it is, you'll have to watch ;-D

Sorry, I now realise that I should have edited it, some of it is paint drying :(

IMAGICAT

• Tufty first to the feeder?

(c) RSPB Loch Garten

• Scylla (post at 04.57), no idea, you will have you provide some clues ;) Ian

• Is it the surprise osprey nest found on the feeder cam? They put that up double quick