DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Monday, 06 August 2018

Just when we were mourning the loss of our matriarch to the southern climes already, a young male shows up on the perch. Maybe he was GJ, he certainly looks familiar. Lorna B caught him on the cam and Sheila then captured! Otherwise we would have seen no one---he didn't stay there long. No EJ though...
(Limpy's capture color-edited by me)

• EJ has deceived before

It also means EJ may have left the building.  [I know she was never in the building, but you get my meaning]  We’re not sure yet, but she hasn’t been seen since midday yesterday.  We’re guessing she may well have taken the opportunity to beat the holiday traffic and head south before schools go back.  We’ll be looking out for her of course, but if she’s not spotted by tonight, we can pretty safely wave goodbye to her from Loch Garten this season.

See   16 August 2011

As mentioned above, EJ brought a fish to the nest this morning, which Bynack helped himself to. She then flirted around the nest for a short while, before removing a clump of moss, and flying off out of sight. Our volunteer Loraine later reported seeing her circling and gaining height, before flying, with purpose, away to the south.

See  19 August 2011