Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 8 July 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful -- or at least a better -- week!

Scarlet Tanager 

Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore (Lake Michigan)
U.S. National Park Service
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free) 

• Morning all:   I see four boys have been rescued from the cave, although the BBC is reporting six rescued.   Let's hope things continue to go as well.

AQ:   I for one would be worried if you couldn't tell which cutie was which!  Miss L has all the makings of an Irish colleen.  Those differences are fascinating and evidence of just how complex all that genetic history is (scuse the appallingly constructed sentence!).  :-)

CLARE:  Have I missed something?  Are you and/or LIMPY OK?

Back to the house this afternoon to update my list of things to do this week..  

• Lindybird said:

Good that you're still both OK, Clare, and {{BIG HUGS}} to Limpy especially!

EDIT:  I should remind you, that I'm allowed to give Limpy as many hugs as I like, as I'm old enough to be his mother, LOL!!

Thank you Lindybird but you are less than 6 years older than me.  You can still give me hugs though.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Hi!  Semi-lurking today - so far reading but not writing.  Been more cloud here today at times, so there has been some relief from the heat.  We all had a bad night with J's cough which has been around for a very long time, but last night just wouldn't stop. He didn't come to church, which was a pity as it was a very good service led by an excellent Church of Scotland "Reader".  Been in the garden this afternoon, but now inside for OH to do veg to go with the braised beef which smells wonderful in the oven!  Also been watching the details of the Thai cave rescue - a brilliant result for those four, I hope the rains will cease for another rescue effort tomorrow.  I see we have a forest fire on Ben Bhraggie - Daughter used to live there in Golspie, a lovely area.  No fresh news from fires in G Manchester and Lancashire.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Hello all - back home, as is son in law. according to the consultant it was apparently a very close call - he lost so much blood that the medic on the rig could not access a vein. Thank goodness for the Coastguard helicopter and the speed with which they responded when things got so much worse.

• Clare Bailey said:
    Keeping everything crossed for those boys in Thailand - I've just read that the rescue is now under way.

Four of the boys are out and in hospital!  Let's hope everyone else involved will be safe.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Heather - so pleased and relieved your son-in-law is safely back home, and that you are as well.  Wonderful how quickly the Coastguard and medics respond when something serious happens - we usually only hear about the bad things, but that really isn't fair.  I'm sure you will all sleep easier tonight, knowing everyone is where they should be.

Hope everyone is coping in the heat.  I played bowls this afternoon - three hours in the intense heat of just over 30 degrees was a bit uncomfortable.  Now very humid, although no rain forecast.  The lawns are in a far more needy state than I am …!

• HEATHER - pleased to see the good news!

PAT - lawns here really looking stressed now; no sprinkler ban here, but it seems wrong to use so much water for grass when other people are in need for more important uses.  Grass will recover, eventually!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG- of course it is good news but as a family we are still shaken - there were things on the rig that didn't help. His accommodation was not in the main part of the rig, he kept passing out from blood loss and had no way of contacting the sick bay easily. It will take a wee while before he will forget that. Anyway, he had had the full belt and braces treatment. Three ways of trying to stop the bleeding, consultant made us laugh, told SiL that he nearly caused his £xxxxx piece of equipment to need replacing!

• Glad you're home, Heather. The family must be relieved, too, that your s.in law is recovering.

• Limpy, I'm on my way round with that hug!!!!!