Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 June 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

In case anyone missed the exciting announcement, the NASA Curiosity Rover found preserved organic material, as well as a mysterious level of methane gas, on Mars. These two discoveries indicate that Mars well could have sustained life in the past, and life could even exist there now in some form. 

NASA Press Release
The Independent, UK

Delicate Arch at Night
Arches National Park, Utah USA
National Park Service/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Thanks, Dibnlib.  Fingers crossed!

She has had breast cancer three times, resulting in two mastectomies, and cancer of the womb. Also, they took out her grumbling gall bladder a couple of years ago, and she has had two new knees! She has a heart condition too. But she battles on, as if it's all been minor inconveniences.....

• LINDY- what a brave and marvellous woman. An example to us all x

• Been trying to reply, but "Denied Access!!"

• She certainly is, Heather. Brave and uncomplaining.  When she had the second breast operation, she became one of the "previous patients" that the Breast Care Cancer Unit could tell women was available to describe to new patients needing surgery, how they were going to feel, if they needed reassurance. She helped many.

I've been proud to be her friend, many times. Her father who I also knew for some years, was the same personality, and made hundreds of friends throughout his life, as has she.  Always interested in others, always helping.

• Hello all - very quiet here today so I thought I'd bump us up a bit!

I saw your post this morning, LINDY. Hugs from here.

Nothing much to report - I took a walk to the shops on this side of the river and got a few bargains. needed a wallpaper scraper but not for scraping wallpaper! Youngest daughter used one to scrape moss from a wall in her garden so I thought that I would try it on my mossy slabs down near the greenhouse. After my OH died, I offered his son anything that he wanted from the garage (tools, fishing gear, etc) I wasn't in the mood for watching it happen and afterwards found that I had been left with very little. He obviously thought that I was not any kind of a handywoman, even though I had done wallpapering for them years ago! So no wallpaper scraper to be found....

• LINDY I tried to post this earlier....Your friend sounds like a very good friend to have and I am sure she feels the same of you. I remember a GP said this of my Mum. He asked a patient if she had a friend to confide in and she mentioned Mum. The Dr replied "That is a very good friend to have". She was also a very good Mum and I try to remember her like that, before the Alzheimers took hold.

Had a lovely walk with a friend and her boxer this morning. We bumped into a dog walker who also used to have a boxer and she went into raptures on seeing Alfie, my friends dog. We used to meet this lady regularly a good few years ago, but she seemed to disappear of the scene. Her husband died suddenly a couple of years ago and after a while she got a cocker spaniel and is now back walking again.

HEATHER   Oops, you were obviously taken at your word.

• Should have said that when I am told "help yourself" I tend to err on the side of caution.

• Hello!  I could have sworn I wrote a post here this morning..... the Site's doing such funny things, it may have disappeared...

Did lots of laundry this morning, then shot off to have an hour or two with my Friend. We discussed holidays, children, dogs, clematis, dogs, diets, dogs, clothes and neighbours. But not necessarily in that order! 

Out shopping this afternoon with my OH - there's nothing much left in the house to eat.

Heather:  A shame that some of your tools are now missing. My OH used a scraper to remove some ivy from the wall recently, it was the only thing which would do the job!

• Crossed posts with you, Dibnlib. There aren't so many boxer dogs around these days, they seemed to go out of fashion at some point.

• LINDY/DIBNLIB - I think that my stepson was in the same state as I was when he did what I asked him to do! I did ask him for a couple of things back and he brought them straight away. Grief affects us all in different ways, I suppose! I do have a small box of everyday tools!