Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 June 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

In case anyone missed the exciting announcement, the NASA Curiosity Rover found preserved organic material, as well as a mysterious level of methane gas, on Mars. These two discoveries indicate that Mars well could have sustained life in the past, and life could even exist there now in some form. 

NASA Press Release
The Independent, UK

Delicate Arch at Night
Arches National Park, Utah USA
National Park Service/Jacob W. Frank
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good Morning. 

At least it's thinking about raining, at least, AQ.  Hope your  OH enjoys his lunch! 

Glad in a way that you won't have to face more surgery on your knees, OG -  he sounded as if he was a sensible man.

Still dry here. Our garden is beginning to look stressed as it's such a growing season, now, and we've not had rain for weeks. Much cooler today but my OH has still gone out to golf in his shorts. Went to a relatives for a cuppa yesterday, and sat in the garden in the sunshine, talking about all our various offspring.  Sat in our own garden in the afternoon, and read more of my book.

• Crossed posts with you, Heather -- I'm OK, thanks, didn't catch up on my sleep yesterday as too busy, but had a good rest last night.

• Oh, and I keep forgetting to say have a good trip, OG!! Off again!

• LINDY - glad that you had a better night. The garden here is looking dry but I haven't watered anything except the pots and tubs. 'Let the roots search for the water' - as my OH used to say! Don't know if he was right or not!!

Just back from town and hairdresser. Lunch, then get changed and outside.

• We've not watered the garden except for the peonies, and plants which we've just put in - of course we're watering the various pots. It went very dark yesterday at one point, but not a drop of rain fell. We have some now forecast, for tomorrow and/or Thursday.

My Friend dropped in, this morning, for a chat. She is getting visibly thinner and my OH came home just before she left - he thought she looked ill. Her scan is scheduled for Tuesday next week.

• Oh LINDY - I feel sorry about your friend. I'm sorry for my bad memory but is this the friend that you go to the cinema etc with?

• Morning all:  

AQ:  Do like the way they incorporated the native wildlife into those windows (the critters I mean).

dibnlib:  My daughter is a sheriff with Animal Control department.  The laws here are really strict about loose/aggressive/unlicensed  animals.  Fines are not trivial.  She's had some eye-popping experiences, some of which I'll share later.

OG> Forgot when you're going but have a good time!

Lindybird: Don't like the sound of things with your friend, but there are multiple conditions that could cause the weight loss.  Do people in the UK have regular colonoscopies?  Say, every 5 years?

Still wondering how Lynette is doing...

Better get organized before the crew arrives..

• ANNETTE  OG is going to Fife for a few days. I am pretty sure she has arranged to see George whilst they are there. That sounds like a pretty demanding job your daughter has.

• Heather B said:

Oh LINDY - I feel sorry about your friend. I'm sorry for my bad memory but is this the friend that you go to the cinema etc with?

Thank you. Yes, we go on shopping, cinema and lunch outings. There used to be a group of us but two have moved away, and one sadly died some time ago. We have kept up with our friendship even though we no longer live in the same road! - she lives in a picture postcard village only 20 minutes away.

Annette - There are no regular colonoscopies here, unless you have a particular condition (my mother had them annually as she had ulcerative colitis). My Friend was expecting to have one but the consultant said that her internal bits would be very sensitive now, and it might even be dangerous in fact, so he was confident that a body scan would show up anything nasty. She said today that she's keeping an open mind about whether he is right about saying he does not expect to find anything tumourous. (spelling?)

• LINDY   Here's hoping it is good news for your friend.