LOCH GARTEN OSPREY GABFEST for June, July, Aug, Sept 2018

• Thanks for the pics, June.  Yes, love the family scene.

Kind regards, Ann

• Evening all. Thankyou June for starting the new month almost posted in the wrong one. Love the misty photos I happen to.love fog and mist! So nice to see The beautiful EJ. Areal treat as it always is. Hope that next year she will form a pairing with someone who will do the job properly. Maybe George will shape jp.next year. Maybe he's young and needs to learn! He's beautiful though ☺

• Hello dear Gabbers,

it has been so long since I've been around, so I'm not informed at all. Did I understand correcly: Odin hasn't returned to Loch Garten this year? This is so sad! But lets hope that there will be chicks this year. My own little chick has kept me so busy that I don't spend much time with anything else. Karl has grown so much. Do you care for some pictures? I'm sure you do, so here we go:

1. This picture was taken in january. It is very difficult to capture Karl's beautiful smile, but here you can see how friendly he is. He looks quite cheeky, doesn't he?

2. Here Karl looks as if he's using some kind of sign-language

3. Karl eventually began to select one of his toys.

4. When Karl began to turn around, he once ended up under the cupboard in the livingroom.....

5. ...and another time beside the sofa. He thought it tasted very good.

6. He is now strong enough to wave his crocodile through the air. It is actually heavy for such a little fellow, as it is filled with seeds that you can warm up in a microwave so that you can use it in case of stomach-ache

Apart from moving a lot, Karl is very talkative, too. He says "bffff", "adadadada" and "anda-anda-anda". I can't get enough of my little boy! I already miss him when I leave him with his Daddy for an hour so that I can go to the supermarket.

I hope I'll find more time now and see how EJ and the eggs are doing.

Kind regards and take care!

Yours, Bente

• Bente, Lovely to hear from you and thanks for the photos of little Karl!  Yes, sadly, Odin did not return this year and no reliable male has taken up with EJ.  There is one male, known as George, who visits EJ now and then and sometimes defends her nest, but he rarely brings her a fish.  As a consequence, she had to leave her 3 eggs to fish for herself and they will not hatch.  Fingers crossed that she returns next year and that a more suitable male will join her.  Although a couple of other nests with cameras have also failed, most nests are doing well so far; fingers crossed they continue to do so.

Kind regards, Ann

• Hello again,

I've tried to catch up with Loch Garten just a bit, but in this short time it isn't quite possible. So please tell me some more: I got the impression from the facebook-page of Loch Garten, that George isn't ringed. Is that right? So he might well be a young osprey who can still learn to be a good provider for EJ and a good father for future chicks. By the way: Druie wasn't ringed. Does anyone remember if Druie was a boy? Maybe it is him? Wouldn't that be lovely?

So, I've got to feed my own chick now, so have a nice evening all, and take care!

• If you look to the side of the main BLOG under ARCHIVES you will find an excellent very readable and interesting history of the LG nest and EJ's adventures.  Now that there is so little activity at the nest is a good time to read or review this emotional story.