Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 3 June 2018

Happy New Week!

I hope everyone has a wonderful and easy week! 

Grizzly Bear at Frying Pan Spring in Yellowstone National Park
U.S. National Park Service/Jim Peaco
Photo labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Unknown said:

Must go and do something - been sitting here being a nosey neighbour as "Something" is happening opposite, and we don't know what!  I can see without being obvious as it is beyond the Willow with the bird feeders, so I can legitimately sit and watch the birds!

OG: Ha! That's the cultural difference between the U.K. and the rural Midwest U.S. Here, if a neighbor is doing something unusual, the other neighbors will march right over and ask the person what he or she is up to. Then they will decide if they approve and either (1) immediately help the person with the task, or (2) bring the person a casserole to eat after the work, or (3) yell at the person and tell him or her to stop it, dang it. LOL LOL! 
  • OG- I was wrong! Katie was actually sick yesterday (probably stress related) so according to rules, had to have 24 hours with no vomiting before returning. She will be back at school tomorrow.

• Heather - I hope Katie is feeling better now.

Diane -  LOL! -- So different from here!  - We would walk past, trying to see what was going on but pretending not to be looking. 

My OH washed both cars this morning after coming back from a half hour at the allotment......  But at least he sat in the garden this afternoon. He ate some soup and toast for lunch, so can't be feeling too bad. I think he must have eaten something, although we have both had the same meals lately and I'm fine.

• I've been potting up some bedding we bought the other day. But must admit that I've also been reading a book (from my Christmas stocking) of limericks written by Michael Palin.  Very funny!

Forgot to say that yesterday I found a dead Magpie in the garden, not a mark on it. We don't think a sparrowhawk got it, or there would have been feathers missing etc. I put it in the bin quickly before Bonnie found it or there would have been a mess!

OG - You must have been frustrated to have problems with the blood samples, how annoying.

Dibnlib - Well done on swimming so far, nice to get back to your form.

• HEATHER - Hope Katie's vomiting yesterday didn't affect her blood sugar - sounds as if she was okay today.

LINDA - glad OH seems relatively okay now.  Sorry about Magpie - we have had a couple of bird deaths from unknown causes recently, but all seem to be producing plenty of replacements!

Dau#1 is coming over on Sat for lunch, with SiL and elder Granddau to collect some of J's leftover household furniture and things for the latter's house which she is renting with a friend.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG- It is Amy who is diabetic, not Katie - but not surprising that they get mixed up as they are only one year apart in age and at times are joined at the hip!! Amy is almost 17 and Katie is almost 16.

• Glad,OG, that J's furniture etc will go to a good home.

• About the garden, my friends are retired (as am I!) and do have one chap who helps them, though he is about the same age! He has experience with sheep too. 

OG was not sure where Esthwaite is, it is between Lakes Windermere and Coniston, a much smaller lake than either. There used to be a fish farm on it, and there is still a fishery so is a good area for ospreys! 

• Evening all:

Heather:  Amy is starting college this fall?!!!  Wasn't she just 11 years old?  Or did I lose the plot?

Diane: Ha-ha.  Here in California, if a neighbor was doing something unusual, they'd be required to file an Environmental Impact Statement!

ChrisyB:  Good heavens - 3 acres of woodland, 2 of a formal garden and a padddock with sheep?  Sounds like a stately home!

OG; Dry wall went in today, except they need a frame for a wall between the closet in the bathroom and the one in the bedroom closet.  That should happen tomorrow along with cement to be poured where old plumbing was. What else will you being doing in Fife?

dibnlib: 60 lengths!  Congrats.  I think they've formalized "healthy concern" and it's now called Neighborhood Watch.

Heather: OH was planning to put a frozen pizza in the oven tonight; it must've been successful coz I didn't get any last-minute calls for help.  Re that Michael Portillo program, if he goes through San Luis Obispo and/or Santa Barbara, that's my neck of the woods.

Wonder how Lynette is.  Didn't she have a doc's appointment?

Going to call it a night. Wonder what's happening out there in the non-remodeling world.....maybe I don't need to know...