Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 22 April 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

Prairie Dog
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Heather B said:

It was a nasty virus that you had, LINDY. Post viral fatigue is so exhausting. My youngest is still not 100% after two weeks plus.

Its certainly left me rather tired, Heather. Expect I'm over the worst now. Will have to get on with housework this week: a lot of things have been left, and the ironing pile is growing ever higher! Thankfully my OH is happy to push the Dyson around, and does the washing up. 

Off to bed, just as tired as if I had not slept today at all. Mind you, I just had two glasses of white wine, LOL!!

• Good morning, all.  A very happy St. George's day to everyone!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning, All.  Thank You, Clare - I had forgotten it!  - and yesterday I meant to say, Happy Earth Day.

• Weather looking good, but we decided I wouldn’t go to Dumfries with OH – he wants to go to Halfords for different roof-bar attachments and somewhere for a new yard-broom as well as grocery shopping, so doesn’t really want to be dragging me around, and I am still tired from the weekend.  Hopefully we shall get out somewhere nice on Friday.  Meanwhile, I have plenty to do, finishing the church newsletter.

Linda – sorry you are still not quite well; I hope this week will see you fully recovered.

FB – pleased you had a good lunch in Cheltenham, and good that your elder SD was looking well on her birthday.  It is a nuisance that they move heavy loads on Sundays, assuming no-one else needs the road!

Everyone – hello from me, and have a good week!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Rainy here but the grasscutting chap arrived, anyway. I was grateful for his help last year when feeling so low and unmotivated. Don't know whether to keep him on but we will see. I will have to scarify feed and weed etc myself and have an easy to use mower (couldn't get on with petrol mower), so I may take over.

Nothing much happening here - that was the high spot of my day !! Have washed a couple of floors and done some vacuuming :-)

OG - Maybe the OTB on Friday?

• Another new Finch in with the crowd just now - a beautiful male Linnet - eating the nyger seed.

HEATHER - my advice would be to keep the mowing man - never know whether you might need to rely on him again, and if you give him the push, you might not get him back again.  Not OTB this week - probably opposite direction to Loch Arthur as we want a few things from their organic shop.

• Think you are right, OG. I have quite a lot to do in house and garden without worrying about the grass!

LINDY - I hope that you are continuing to feel stronger.

• Went out in the garden with OH, but it was too windy for me, not being able to move about to keep warm!  He has been planting in the troughs which Decking Man made last year - a few bulbs and some seeds.  So I have just been getting on with the church newsletter and only need to put together two or three little fillers.

• Stop press: now raining - OH watered his planting in the rain!

• Cool here too, OG. I have put the heating on for an hour or so.