Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 March 2018

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Hope EE had a great birthday!

Grizzly Bear
U.S. National Park Service, NPS Photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Sorry, OG - I didn't check back! Hope that all will be well.

SiL is hoping to do some garden work if he gets home in time in the evenings but I'm not holding my breath. I think after leaving early in the morning and a long day, he shouldn't be working outside. Not sure what he will be doing at the weekend - he may have to work.

I should be sweeping up leaves this afternoon but have just arrived home from supermarket and more than anything, want to sit down! Maybe later for the leaves.

Did I mention that I am going to Denmark on 5th April? Can't remember.

• I think you just mentioned April, Heather. Hope you enjoy your visit.

OG - We usually have 3 weeks at this time of year, but my OH said he only wanted to come for two, this time. It does seem early to be thinking of organising the packing, tomorrow! I did bring less T shirts this time - usually I bring plenty as there's no way I want to be ironing on holiday, and this apartment doesn't have an ironing board anyway! When you have whole afternoons on a beach getting warm and are covered in sun oil, you find you need a separate set of clothes for other occasions. We've been in touch with the owner of an apartment, and have seen it from the outside (pics of the inside are on the internet) and are seriously considering it for next year.....guess what, it's the one I'd fancied!!!  ;-)) 

• Pic of the flowers outside our front door here: taken on my tablet pc.

Went for another visit to Corralejo, where I bought a smaller version of the china goats I am collecting. Had a nice sit on the seafront again, and came back for lunch on our balcony. 

Took several pics with my camera today, but can't transfer them onto here - will show them on our return.

• Good Morning.  Quiet on here as Annette journeys homeward.

We had gusty winds last night here, so today the settled weather we've been having might have changed. Our last full day, so the suitcases will have to come out. Going out for a meal tonight. (Don't think I mentioned that we had a nice meal out on Saturday, I had grilled sole which was delish)

Have a good day, Everyone.

• Thanks for this card.  And thanks to others for wishes expressed on here.  70 sounds old, but doesn't feel much different from 69!

• Unknown said:

70 sounds old, but doesn't feel much different from 69!

- Glad to hear it, as it's my turn in August. I seem to remember being 21, which I had longed to be, and finding that it felt no different......

• Sorry to see that an elderly white rhino has died, the last male of his sub species. And a Golden Eagle, found dead, has been pronounced to be the victim of a fellow Eagle in a fight to the death.

But cheerily, the cam is now switched on for Glaslyn Ospreys!

• HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX, EVERYONE! Spring is finally here! Yay!

The Snowy Owls have left Indiana to return to their Arctic home. The winter of 2017/18 will go down in the record books for the highest number of Snowy Owls seen in Indiana in a single winter! Good luck to them! Have a good breeding season, buddies!

HAPPY AUTUMN, AQ!

• A lovely card, Diane. Thank you.

I join Diane in saying 'Happy Spring' to everyone (Autumn to those upside down)!

Lindy and EE, 70 is not old. I have been there!

I had a (long) lunch with a friend yesterday. I knew Annette was busy, so we sorted the world. If only we could sort out our own family problems as easily!

• Rosy: I'm so sorry that you're dealing with family problems. I hope they can be resolved soon and life will be easier.