WEEKLY CHAT (Non-osprey) SUNDAY JANUARY 7, 2018

Diane: I suspect your poor fingers are frozen solid, so started the new thread.  :-)  Do hope your friendly neighborhood critters show up when the temperatures rise.

Check back for lovely pic of Kingfisher (and more) from Clare; Lindybird's Second Christmas and updates on cruises; OG's plans to attend a masked ball - and more!

I drove all over the local neighborhood today: Library; hardware store; charity shop; Bed, Bath and Beyond (looking for towels); Habitat for Humanity's ReStore warehouse; University's hazardous waste center; County electronic recycling center; pet shop, beauty supply shop; and two supermarkets!  Phew!

• Diane: What is nauseating is the complete lack of moral fibre in some of those people.

AQ: Unlike Diane, no cold temps here. Just an abundance of mud (they're hauling it to the beaches - nowhere else to put it.)  Massive amounts of debris to be disposed of elsewhere....

• Good Morning, All.

Just brightening, here and they're on the tv talking about "more, colder conditions next week"

Will send you some of our chills, AQ!  - Hope you can manage your outing soon.

Annette, cannot imagine what a huge clearing up operation is needed there.....  a real disaster.

• Today's pic:

"Quick, I'm late for dinner!"

• Gorgeous, Lindy!  You find some wonderful photos to share with us.

If anyone would like a laugh I can recommend looking at this thread.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Seeing wee wild boar and remembering they live in the Forest of Dean - have we heard anything from ForestBoar recently?

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Unknown said:
    Seeing wee wild boar

It's not a wild boar but a young Brazilian Tapir. It was born in Dublin Zoo in 2013. See HERE. It's probably fully grown by now.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• Unknown said:

Seeing wee wild boar and remembering they live in the Forest of Dean - have we heard anything from ForestBoar recently?

Yes OG. Check here

• Unknown said:

Seeing wee wild boar

It's not a wild boar but a young Brazilian Tapir. It was born in Dublin Zoo in 2013. See HERE. It's probably fully grown by now.

[/quote]Thanks for naming it for us, TeeJay!  --  I guessed it would be something like that, and that the stripes were the kind which disappear as they grow, just like the wild boar.  It's very cute, but was not labelled where I found it.

• Clare Bailey said:

Gorgeous, Lindy!  You find some wonderful photos to share with us.

If anyone would like a laugh I can recommend looking at this thread.

LOL Clare!  -- Thanks for the link.

• Hi all, I haven't gone away. We had a good Christmas day, but at the moment it is a case of doing what has to be done rather than what I want to do if that makes sense. Have had 3 surgery appointments. Now got another next week then there will be another one after that for blood sample results. Also off to Cheltenham breast clinic as well. That is to see the consultant to see where we go next. Older SD half way through chemo but it looks like she is getting a cold which could be a problem as her immune system is low at the moment. Younger SD met the builder and the kitchen designer/supplier so things are getting going with her. What with having to keep the house temperature hotter than I like and the cold weather outside my lifetime sinus problem kicks in and causes a lot of coughing which then upsets my asthma So don't always feel like doing things.

We have started on a project to replace door bell (done), living room main lights and thermostat to wifi so OH can control the essential things if I am away. Off now, lunch pending.