Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 December 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. 

Poinsettias
U.S. Dept. of Agriculture photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• No pain, no gain, Wendy!  I'm sure it will be worth it in the long run.  Having been through an intensive course of physio on my left knee a couple of years ago, I can hopefully encourage you by saying that I can now play badminton again and walk eighteen holes of golf.  The treatment was pretty vicious at the time - but now I am reaping the benefit.  I'm sure yours will have a similar result.

• Good news, FORESTBOAR, that she has keys to her new home. Yes, you are right, we all have something to offer and at the risk of being boring and/or pedantic I would offer my own views. If when at work I came across a charge nurse who only employed staff who concurred with his/her own views, I felt sorry. Differing opinions and perspectives build a well balanced team. So it is on here, I like to think:-))))

• If it's one thing I've learned, it's that we are all different. But that very difference is what makes us all human, and makes for progress in the human condition. So endeth the lesson  - I'm off to bed, Goodnight All!

• Heather: It's not too late to learn to drive, surely. I mean, it's not as if you're incapable or anything.  Of course, I've no idea what the practical/financial considerations would be. I hear the first anniversary after the death of a spouse (or any close family member) is a milestone - here's hoping the next year will be easier. :-)

Forestboar: Hope your daughter manages to get the new place comfy for the holidays!

• Today's card from DownUnder features gum nuts & blossom and an abandoned farmhouse.

• Lindybird said:
    I have been told I look much younger than my years, for a long time.  Since I passed the age 55 milestone, however, I've fallen apart, and now have to be content with becoming an "I O B"  -- -- An Invisible Old Bag, LOL!! Never mind, it's much easier to cope with the upkeep of any pretence of glamour nowadays....

You, invisible?  I can't begin to imagine that, especially the Old Bag bit.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good  Morning.  Awoke today to the joint barks of Mabel and Bonnie as my OH stirred, and they began to have thoughts of breakfast. It's the first sound we've had from Mabel, who's being a model guest.

Am so enjoying your lovely cards, AQ - Thanks for posting them.  We also have cartoon ones here, with jokes, but most people send pretty scenes or floral designs. We seem to be receiving nearly all blue ones this year, it must be a fashion. I sent some red postboxes, and a golden owl, both from the RSPB catalogue, and some home made ones with very traditional red berries, wreaths and holly.

It's Saturday already and this week flew by. Have a good weekend, everyone, especially thinking of Heather.

• LOL Clare -- it comes to us all.

• I meant to say to Annette, how very sorry I was to hear of the death of one of the young brave firefighters in the California fires - so sad.