WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JUNE 11, 2017

Happy New Week all.  Check back for the last of last week's posts.

• DIBNLIB- Yes, it is indeed the relatives illness.

I live in a humble part of town, half the street is/was council housing and the end that I live in is private housing. The feu was held by Dochfour Estates and the street names round about are names connected with the Baillie family estates both here and in England. Across the road from me is the house that Neil M Gunn lived in. I think he moved when the High School was built.

• Supposed to be sunny today. Perhaps it is behind those grey clouds. A sprinkle of rain yesterday – and I mean sprinkle, about 0.2 mm. It was enough for OH to decide to stay home for lunch! He doesn't like "rain" in any amount. I made him a toasted sandwich to go with midday movie.

Wondering how Harelady & Dau are.

• Knackered. Hot here.  Will catch up later.  Best to all...

• Good Morning.   Just been woken up by Bonnie, charging up the stairs - the gate downstairs must have been left open. I can hear Amber giggling, too. They arrived after a reasonable journey, last night, with a neat blowup bed which Amber calls her 'BoatBed' as it has raised sides, and she nestles in the middle.

We're expecting a dry and warm day today, so hope to enjoy ourselves outdoors.

• Thinking of Harelady and her daughter.

• Here's today's pic:

"Yes, they keep me busy...."     (A warthog)

• LINDY - love the warthog and ?"wartpiglets"?  Have a lovely outdoor day with Amber - pleased the weather is now appropriate for their visit.

HEATHER - I hope you got some sleep to refresh your "get up and go"!

DIBNLIB - I don't think you should feel guilt about your thoughts about your mother, the sadness is enough for you to bear.

Still thinking of HARELADY and her daughter - I hope she will soon be able to let us know whether any decisions were made on Friday.

Phones are no longer howling at us, and hub seems unaffected.  Expecting man back to continue deck this morning - having got all the planking off yesterday, he is bringing a chainsaw to attack the supports underneath; sparrows have been finding grubs in the partly rotten wood!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• My initial thought was 'wartlets' - but somehow that doesn't sound quite right ... more like a rather nasty skin condition.

Weather in Mull was variable, as was the internet connection.  Now in Troon, where there is a small patch of blue in the sky, but it's windy and the forecast is ... not good.  While the rest of the UK bathes in sunshine, south west Scotland - doesn't.  Hey ho - golf in the rain for the next week - again!

• PAT - we are in Dumfries and Galloway - the "real" southwest and the weather is lovely this morning - perhaps you should have come that bit further south and played some of our local courses!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG, I'm in D&G next weekend, visiting friends in Thornhill before I head south.  I'm with an international group of golfers so I have to go where they go!  I have played some of the D&G courses - and would happily do so again.  But this week it's Troon and environs.