Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 9 April 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

The Full Moon is Monday night/Tuesday morning.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Welcome back, AQ!

Greater Roadrunner
Death Valley National Park, California U.S.A.
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Good Morning, cloudy here but dry.

Went to visit sis-in-law yesterday, and Bonnie promptly jumped on her bed! Must have thought she was going there to stay again. Then she got all the toys out of the doggy toybox, one by one!

We're busy getting things done around the house, as we decided to go to our place in Wales for Easter. I'm meeting Friend today for a gossipy lunch.

• Today's pic:

Colourful, but no idea what they are....

• I haven’t caught up with all your goings-on yet. I notice EJ has an egg, And OG is still not home. About my trip, my knees were fine. It was the ankles, hip and lack of puff that slowed me. Our motel was the only one able to take our group of 24 and, as in many towns, it was located on edge of town. Hence we had a 15 min or more walk to eating places for those that gathered at 6 pm. Twice I bought Subway and another evening (4.30 pm!) I collected a Thai takeaway to eat in our room. All is now clear why I have been so tired since return, (just woke from 3 hr post lunch nap), I have a sore throat having caught Travel Friend’s cold. She spent a miserable Friday so I know what is to come.

The trip saga. We left Adelaide on The Overland Train at 7.45 am, wound our way through Adelaide Hills, some tunnels, across the Murray River, brief stops at Murray Bridge & Bordertown (not actually on the border, about 20 kms), lunch on the train, pleasant journey until . . . about 3 km before Dimboola, the engine broke down. They did attempt to move into station. We watched as we crept along bush by tree by thistle, in all a few hundred yards. And there we sat waiting as another engine was brought from Murtoa. We had an unscheduled 3¼ hour stop to admire the busy men pinning down the grain storage covers beside the track. Cheers when new engine arrived & soon on our way. Our group departed train at Ararat at 6.15 pm. Our bus driver had booked us in to RSL club for dinner, then we still had 1½ hours drive to Castlemaine arriving at motel soon after 9.30 pm, thence to bed..

Next day we drove to Maldon where I wandered the streets for 1½ hours, lovely old town, with so many heritage buildings. Old I say, it dates from 1853 when gold was found. Mid pm we returned to Castlemaine for a tour of Buda House, then I tramped around for 1½ hours capturing churches. Two were open! I shall be posting my photos on flickr as I process them. You will have to check every few days. Don’t expect much scenery, I photo buildings! Higher rainfall than SA, so lots of tall trees. To be continued.