Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 19 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

The Spring Equinox is on Monday. Happy Autumn Equinox to AQ!

I hope everyone has a great week and a wonderful new season! It's finally SPRING!!!

Florida Panther, Everglades National Park, Florida
Florida Panthers are highly endangered.
U.S. National Park Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Pat O said:

I'm pretty sure an osprey overflew my home this morning around 0630.  It was flying south-west-ish, in the direction of Weirwood Reservoir, where I know osprey have been seen in the past.  I can't be positive - just wonder if anyone else in my area saw it?  This probably isn't the place to post this, but I'm sure someone will put me right if not!

I'll ask Shane.  I'm pretty sure he lives in the area and I know he's visited Weirwood before.

Fantastic sighting, by the way!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Unknown said:
    Feel free to gnash your teeth on here anytime.  :-)

LOL!  Brilliantly put.

Unknown said:
    Limpy: I see Clare has competition. Smews, eh? Lovely markings.

You must be joking.  His stuff is (mostly) better than mine - but he's been doing it for longer so I'll let him off.  He has one of those lenses which looks like a rocket launcher.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning.  Hearing about smews reminds me ridiculously, of the Peter Pan film where The Captain shouts "Smee" as he pleads to be saved from the crocodile!!  (I know, I know, I'm not normal......)

• Just peeked at Limpy's lovely smews studies. What a handsome pair.

Our Eldest flew in last evening after a long and cone -filled journey north. He had news of their arranging to have their house extended very shortly - not easy, as it means knocking down the existing living room quarters and rebuilding it, with a new bedroom above. They'll have a few months of squeezing into the rest of the house whilst it's done. Little Amber is apparently beginning to be very independent -- "I'll do it, Daddy!", so they are having to keep their wits about them.

• Lindybird said:

Good Morning.  Hearing about smews reminds me ridiculously, of the Peter Pan film where The Captain shouts "Smee" as he pleads to be saved from the crocodile!!  (I know, I know, I'm not normal......)

LOL!!!!  You're absolutely not normal, Lindy - but in a good way!

• My family just sigh, and put up with me, Clare......

• Here is today's pic - not a crocodile.....

• Lindybird said:

My family just sigh, and put up with me, Clare......

That can't be right - surely it's the Awful Cousin who gets that treatment.

I'd be happy to be related to you.

Love the photo, by the way!

• It looks like the famous hotel where giraffes are allowed to meet the guests. That must be amazing.

• I'd be happy to go almost anywhere to get an experience like that.

A couple of years ago a friend went to Australia and emailed me a photo of himself with a wild cockatoo on his lap, being hand fed.  I was just slightly jealous!