Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 March 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Sunday is the March Full Moon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

San Joaquin Kit Fox, the smallest species of fox in North America and
one of California's most endangered animals
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service photo
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• I'm leaving the last lot until the morning as my eyes are threatening to close!  I took more than 700 photos today.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• dibnlib: I forgot to say what a wonderful view of mountains you have when you walk Benson - is that snow on peaks in the distance or cloud?

Clare: You would go broke in about 10 minutes if you had to buy film for your camera!  :-)   Love the swans playing footsie.  One of them has a droopy neck (but don't get me started on that topic!)  Waxwings have such velvety (waxy?) coloring. Lovely.

Lindybird: Welcome home!!

• Thanks, Annette!

Yes, I'm back and Annette's cheery welcome was the first thing I saw on this page just before midnight last night. 

We've had a good rest, had some pleasant outings, met some old friends, saw beautiful scenery, and I've read about six books.

Heather has kindly been in contact with me by text, so I hope you're on the mend now, Heather, after getting a cold.

• Good to see you back, Lindy.  Sounds like my kind of holiday!

You'll be pleased to know none of our ospreys are back yet.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Nice that I've not missed any of the feathery action, Clare. I see you've been out with your camera again!

Sunny start here, although I think we're due some rain later in the day. I'd better get going on feeding the washing machine. We were later getting home than we should have been last night as after a good flight back, it took ages to get through Passport Control as a jumbo jet had landed at the same time and there were hundreds of us!

• Finally sorted out my last thread - click on these lovely sandpipers to see more:

• Fabulous photographs, Clare.  I'm sure I'm not alone in really enjoying your pictures - and appreciating how much time and effort you put into giving us such pleasure.  Thank you so much - keep snapping!

• It's so joyful to get out and about with my camera.  This is a fantastic part of the world when it comes to birds and wildlife and I find myself relentlessly wishing to do it justice.  It's good to know people are enjoying what I'm posting - it feels like I'm achieving something even though I'm not in paid employment.  All your lovely comments make it really feel worthwhile.

• I really have enjoyed all your photos Clare. Thank you. It was such a glorious day here yesterday that the birders were out in force with their huge lenses (as in your photo) at our local reserve where I just happened to be too!!!! No camera though - just bins.

• Hello all

Not much news from here  - but welcome home, LINDY !!

OG phoned last night. She was taken for her check up at the Breast Clinic and was very happy to hear that all is well. The powers that be in her local hospital have provided her with a better chair, and so she was able to sit more comfortably, and with her knee bent a little. Progress!

I've received an invitation to Denmark for the end of April. A retirement bash and a few days later, the thirtieth birthday of our friends' son. I think that I will go. I really need to have some plans in place. The days are dragging here. I'm not sure if I feel lonely or alone. Both, probably. Still getting caught out by teary episodes.