Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 February 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Red-Headed Woodpecker
U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Love it, Lindy!  It must be said, though, that the birds would be shouting way ahead of their Daddy.  He's the quiet one.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Like my OH - he's the strong, silent type, too.  But putty in the paws of dogs, cats, and -  erm... me!

• Must get to my bed, it's been a long day. Goodnight to anyone still awake, and Hi to our overseas friends.

• I can't quite say Limpy's putty in my hands (though that's a different story entirely when it comes to Helen and the birds!).  Historically, though, I'm the bigger bully!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Clare, you really must stop bullying those poor defenceless birds ...

• Evening all:

Oh dear, so very sad to hear the news that dear Margo is no longer with us, even though it was expected. What a wonderfully brave and generous person she was. Such an example of unselfishness and compassion for others when she was suffering herself.  I am in tears.  I do hope there is some relief for Chris, who has been totally brilliant throughout. Hugs to him.

Mike: Yes, as Lynette says: Thanks for passing our comments on to Chris.

Djoan: Hugs to you too dear. I hope you have family/friends to support you through a difficult time.

OG: Hope you aren't stuck in there any longer than absolutely necessary.

Clare: Tell Limpy Hi from us!!

Does anyone remember Maureen from the early days? I think it was on the Daily Update, before we started the Weekly Chat thread in between seasons.  I always remember her "Fish please!" posts.  :-)

Take care everyone.

• Good Morning, All. Although a lot of us will be waking and thinking that it's not, really, after losing another of our virtual friends, in such sad circumstances. 

Annette - You've summed up Margo beautifully. Compassion and caring were her middle names. We shall never see another like either dear Brenda or dear Margo. They have both left a huge hole behind them, both in their lives and on these threads.

-----------   ----------    ---------    ----------    ------------    -----------

Annette, yes I remember Maureen. There are a few of our original members and early joiners who have dropped out. We've not heard from Alicat in a long time. I do hope she's OK.

• It's a bit grey, here, but much warmer. I've got to pop out on errands this morning, and nag my OH into making some sweater decisions - although we're off to warmer climes, it gets much colder in the evenings at this time of year, so you have to pack a couple of things to be snug in the wind.

He's off for a haircut and then is going to build a shelf inside our new tool store. The man has made a good job of it but forgot that I requested a shelf inside, for the small stuff.

Have a good Friday, everyone, especially OG, who will now be eager to be moved, I'm sure, and Limpy, who will want to get home.

• Here is today's pic, which is feline, as Margo always loved cats:

• Good morning, all.  It's occurred to me that we haven't seen Rosy on here since just before Christmas.  I hope she's OK.