Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 February 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Red-Headed Woodpecker
U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Unknown said:
    And yes, where are Alicat and Rosy. Is there anyone else MIA?

Alicat last posted in August - very sadly her dog had just died.  I continue to wonder about her working hours - I'm pretty sure she works as a carer.

Unknown said:
    Clare: Yay for Limpy. Keep an eye on him!

An ear at the moment.  He's fast asleep and snoring for England!

Good morning, all.  It's a grey day here but I think it's supposed to brighten up later.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning, only just getting light here.

Nice to hear from Scylla, even if it's under sad circumstances. Lynette - I enjoyed the osprey pictures. Annette - Amazing to hear about your unusual rain. Hope your garden benefits from it.

We're off out tonight to the Golf Society Presentation Evening, which is fairly informal and includes a hot pot supper & quiz. Before that, my OH is driving some relatives to the airport as they're off to Italy. We go, ourselves, on Wednesday.

Hope that Limpy's had a good night back home, in his own bed, and continues to improve. Thinking of OG who will be tired even though most of her drama is now over. Hopefully now, each day will see improvement.

• Today's pic:

"I ONLY EAT SMALL NUTS......"

• Annette -- Hold onto your hat, as we're hearing about this so called "Weather Bomb" which is hitting you now, or soon. Sounds horrendous. Take care.

OG - Didn't mean to sound flippant, above, describing your circumstances as a drama. Sorry if it came over that way, but I'm sure poor EE has had a hard time of it, and is wondering where the last few days have gone. I hope you're feeling better now and can get your transfer to the smaller hospital.

It's strange weather here - supposed to be warmer but it keeps trying to rain, even though the forecast is for dry days this weekend.

• Lindybird: What part of Italy? A warm one I hope.  The Weather Bomb hit here yesterday before barreling down on L.A.  My garden is fine, although the heart-leaf geraniums, which were 5ft. tall are in shock. Still, they need to be cut back anyway.  All the lawns that were allowed to die over the last few years have been resurrected overnight it seems.

Mike: Any news from Chris in terms of having his family around for support or anything? He probably doesn't know what to do with himself he's been her caretaker for so long...

Clare: Hope Limpy's snoring has abated.  :-)

EE: Best to OG!

I'm so incredibly stiff from sitting so much lately - no garden work what with all the rain. Went for a walk last evening and had just got to the farthest point when the skies opened again. My new rain jacket worked wonderfully but my yoga pants were dripping and my feet squelching in my shoes by the time I got home. Am off to the gym now to wave my arms and legs about and try to get the blood moving!

• Unknown said:
    Meanwhile, massive rainstorm here today.

I know!  My southern California Starr Ranch Barn Owls didn't get a bite to eat, and our female is sitting on 6 eggs;

This was the rain on Bell Creek - see how it changes from chaos to straight-downpour as the wind suddenly dropped:

30s

• Scylla: That downpour at the end looks familiar! I was struck yesterday, when the rain finally let up at bit, how the birds all started calling and chirping at once - such a lovely racket. Bell Creek is actually visible now - and running well.

• Annette. I'm afraid I can't answer that. Chris does intend to post, eventually, so maybe he will make reference to such things then.

I have posted today's comments to Chris.

• Mike: Thanks. I guess he'll be in touch in his own good time.

• Dau landed safely and is back in this country after a week in Lanzarote - weather mixed, said she had to get another pair of long trousers and a warmer hoody as it was quite nippy in the evenings.

Annette - saw that California was getting a bit of a battering but that you have got off relatively lightly.  Stay safe. Gardening can wait until the weather improves.

Mike - thanks for keeping us informed about Chris. Will be thinking about the family as they say farewell to Margo.

All - have a good weekend