Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 12 February 2017

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Red-Headed Woodpecker
U. S. Fish & Wildlife Service
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Cannulas, bruises and strange positions don't help, and am coming out  in sweat, but got here - hope OH will correct.  Done E-E.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Have just come on today and read about the death of our dear Margo she will be sadly missed along with Brenda who were both stalwarts of this thread and always treated everyone with thoughtfulness and kindness and I for one have been thankful for the kindness that they have shown me. When will the grim reaper stop taking the good people away from this thread.

Clare I hope that Limpy gets out of hospital soon and OG hurry up and get better as you have a lot of away time to make up.

All others please keep well.

george g

• For many years I have read posts made by Margo which were always fair and considerate.

May I send extending deep and heartfelt sympathies to Chris her family and friends.

• Its been a very grey day, here, but only did a half hearted light shower upon me as I ran around on errands again this morning.

George:  Nice to hear from you. I agree that it all seems very unfair, when those folks who are so nice are taken. Not that we have any nastiness on here, I'm glad to say!  

I met my sis-in-law in a shop and she had a tale of woe, as two of our distant relatives are in hospital over the weekend, and one does not look good at all: plus, this afternoon, she rang us up to say that she has now heard from Awful Cousin, who is going to foist herself upon us once again. No date fixed yet, nor as yet, where the heck she is going to stay!  Watch this space......   (or rather, don't, as there is no way she is staying here.....)

• PC finally back and running.It was more sickly than previously thought – not much of original left! I have only been able to pop in occasionally to read as laptop is more awkward as I have to bend over the keyboard and fighting curvature of the spine does not help since cataracts were replaced and being a 24/7 carer does not help. My sympathies go to Chris and family. Margo was one of the first to reply when I joined the forum and she was always a bright spark and very generous in her thoughts. Now dealing with hiccups to finalise taxing and ultimately insuring our new up front car which itself was not a straightforward deal. Back to cooking supper now.

• So sorry to hear we have lost Margo, always such a positive person, she certainly packed in all she could, along with her super OH, Chris. She will be missed.

Also missed is Brenda, she was always so kind and sensible.

Good to see that OG is communicating now, though sure to be tricky while in hospital, hope the recovery is speedy.

Then there is Limpy in hospital, I do hope he is now recovering and will be home soon.  

• Hello all

Having a sad day, thinking of those we have lost on here and missing my OH so much, also. Decided to send for my brother! A gut feeling which I had to act upon. He will get the ferry from Roscoff to Plymouth on Sunday and will drive north on Monday.

• Heather good for you ... :-)

• Just adding a little bit to OG's earlier effort. Consult this morning confirmed expected six weeks total for post-op 'no weight bearing' on mended leg. However, decided transfer to Annan Community Hospital will be arranged, intended early next week. (Watch this space) OG now tired and getting ready for the night.