WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 8 2017

Morning all. Here's to a good week for all.

• aquilareen said:
    Photo-ing stained glass recently, I had an interesting chat with the minister. He was tattooed, jean wearing, motor bike rider, heavy metal music lover, but he still believes in the traditional service.

I like the sound of him.  We should have more clergy like that - they'd be very good for those people who have a tendency to judge by appearance.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Heather B said:
    Really enjoying your photos and your photography. There are a lot that would make great postcards.....

Thanks, Heather.  I'm pleased you're enjoying them.  Let's see where I can go today.

Good morning, all!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning, Clare, and Everyone.

It's been rather windier, and still showery, here. The garden looks rather sad and soggy.

Annette - Glad you got some welcome rain at last. I expect you'll find you need to prune some things which have grown now they've had a good drink! I rooted about in the fridge yesterday, too: I tend to eat stuff past it's use by date but you do have to be careful!

Clare - I can see you're stir crazy at the moment - that camera is getting a lot of use!

Heather - Sorry you've still got lots to do, it must seem endless. It will all come right in the end. Get plenty of rest. {{HUGS}}

• Here's another picture for today:

"PUT 'EM UP - I'VE GOT A LOADED GRASS STALK HERE!"

• Lindybird said:
    I can see you're stir crazy at the moment - that camera is getting a lot of use!

To be honest I'm happy to continue the high use - the photos seem to go down well on here and I'm one of the people who is cheered up by my making the effort to take and post the photos.

I absolutely love the photos you're posting!

• I've just read that the Forth road bridge is still closed after a lorry blew over on it in the early hours of this morning.  Do take care if you live in this part of the world.

• I heard that, Clare - high, gusty winds which can be dangerous.

Glad you're enjoying the photos! More to come!

Our car has gone into the garage for investigations into whether it's the clutch pedal which is sticking. I've not been far in it since New Years Eve, when we both got wet inside the old car because of the problems with the newer one.

• Good afternoon, all.  We made it into Ipswich today and visited Christchurch Park again - click on this beautiful robin to see the rest:

• Lindybird said:
    Our car has gone into the garage for investigations into whether it's the clutch pedal which is sticking. I've not been far in it since New Years Eve, when we both got wet inside the old car because of the problems with the newer one.

Glad to hear this.  I hope it won't be too expensive to sort out.

• Morning all:  Hmmm. I'm watching the President-Elect's first "news" conference and wondering why he felt it necessary to bring his attorney with him.....

Clare: Cute robin!