WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 8 2017

Morning all. Here's to a good week for all.

• Lindybird said:

Thank you for news of BRENDA, OG.  Very sorry to hear it. 

I did wonder, as we've not heard from her for a long time.

I'm sorry to hear it as well.  I don't think this happened suddenly, though, as she posted this on December 22nd:

I will take this opportunity to wish you ALL a Very Happy Christmas. I don't feel I want to put a Christmas card on here until after tomorrow and I won't be able to do that. 

That bit about not being able to post a card after the 23rd suggests something planned and pretty serious.  Our thoughts are with her and her OH.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• OG: Thanks for news of Brenda; hope she's home soon - not a good start to 2017.

Clare: I saw Brenda's note too and assumed she was going to be busy, on the road, or visiting family...

• It may be cooler (high 20s) but very high humidity. No nanny duty for Dau since before C-mas. I offered a few hours tomorrow for her to go shopping. Alone. She tells hilarious stories of trying to fit Miss5 with uniform, while twins were grabbing shorts for themselves. The family's whole life story entertaining anyone else nearby. (The shorts were replaced to twins' disappointment.) Uniform is fairly flexible - a standard blue check dress, or any shorts/pants/leggings in dark blue with pale blue t-shirt. And of course THE HAT. No child allowed out in playground without it.  

• Unknown said:
    I saw Brenda's note too and assumed she was going to be busy, on the road, or visiting family...

I remember wondering what she meant at the time.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• By the way, good morning all!  It doesn't look very promising today, weather-wise.  On the plus side the garden is full of blackbirds!  Lovely.

• Good Morning, All.  Spent a fitful night, after feeling too hot to start with, followed by an overactive lot of thinking. Tired now, of course, which is my own fault.

Have already had words with my OH, over something which has been aggravating lately, and I'm not even out of bed, yet!! Hope the day will improve as it goes on!

• ANNETTE - Yup - Brenda's note about not posting over Christmas was because they were going  to visit her DiL's mother in Scotland for the holiday.  I think the not sending a Card the day she posted it was out of respect for Heather's situation that day - she is always very sensitive to where others are at.  So, CLARE, no mystery!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Thanks for that, OG.  That was thoughtful of her.

• Dibnlib-  I agree that when you 'lose' a post, it's invariably a long, involved one! Soo annoying.  Hope things can be resolved for your mother.

AQ - LOL at your daughters experiences with the twins! Don't suppose it will be the last time they are hilarious! Hope it cools down, there, soon.

Just seen a report on our N.West TV that a large flock of waxwings are flying around Ramsey, in the Isle of Man.

• OG - I remember now, that that remark by Brenda gave me the same impression. I was unable to find it in me to write or post a New Year poem in the circumstances, this year :-(