WEEKLY CHAT (NON-OSPREY) SUNDAY JANUARY 8 2017

Morning all. Here's to a good week for all.

• Lovely walk with Daisy along with her regular Friday walker.

He has become a friend and newly divorced and just lost his dear old dad at 93. Normally he doesn't meet his clients owners as they are working so I think he enjoyed the blether.

Walking trousers 2 pairs of socks 2 pairs of gloves and only one hat.

Hate hats as it gives a very bad hair day .

Little sun and all slush has turned to ice.

Car not been out since Monday so having a well earned rest .

• I’m sitting here with our weather much cooler & less humid and reading of your snow, ice & floods! Thurs night’s storm gave us ¾ ins rain. Veggie patch looked quite soggy when I picked leafy greens for tea yester eve. Alas the humidity has encouraged the weeds to flourish, but not to ripen my tomatoes. Off to attack said weeds.

• Annoying for you, AQ, that the tomatoes won't ripen properly. It must seem as strange to you to hear about our weather, as it is for us to read about yours.

Not as cold tonight, I think, but the slight warmth has caused another light scattering of snow here.

Wendy - I agree about hats not being good for your hairdo!

Goodnight, All - keep warm and keep safe!

• I picked 3 big fat tomatoes that were lurking. And a humungous pile of weeds that were definitely not lurking. I think that I deserve a little R&R reading before lunch.

• Well thanks to a change in wind direction it seems that Aldeburgh is ok so on that happy note I'm off to bed.

• Harelady: Glad lovely Aldeburgh has escaped the storm.

Scylla: Hallo there!

Busy day here - well, what am I saying!? Woke up too early, never really got started until around 4 p.m., but did get haircut so at least can stand to look in the mirror again.

Hope Saturday is kind to all.

• Unknown said:

Well thanks to a change in wind direction it seems that Aldeburgh is ok so on that happy note I'm off to bed.

Yay!  That bodes well for Felixstowe Ferry.

EDIT:  After checking the local news I now know they had a little flooding at the Ferry, but nobody's homes were affected.  What a relief for everyone.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good morning, all.  We're looking at heading off to the lovely Suffolk Wildlife Trust reserve at Lackford Lakes today (near Bury St Edmunds).  It should be a good day for it, if very cold.

I hope everyone on here has a good day - our thoughts remain with Margo, Heather and Brenda.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning, and Thank Goodness that the tides caused no damage so everyone on the East Coast can now rest easy.

Cold here, but not snowy - just some crispy remains of what had already fallen.

Clare - Hope you and Limpy have a good time at Lackford Lakes.

• Here's today's pic:

"WHERE ARE WE GOING TODAY, THEN?"