Loch Garten GABFEST in hibernation for January and February, 2017

• Good afternoon to you all. A lovely warm sunny day here with chaffinches now in full song and also mistle and song thrushes this morning :)

Many thanks to you Keith for sharing the wonderful photo of FR3, thanks go to Chris for allowing you to! Hes a real beauty, long to see him return this year. Safe journey to him and all the others too!

• Keith no I do not have FaceBook at present I struggle with Twitter and understant its a very good tool for information!

We can hope to see S1,S2, and S3 hopefully all three but realistically not likely. Will be interesting to see what White 14 does this year and UV,exciting times ahead very soon now!

Also concerned about our beautiful Dai Dot really want to see him back again :) and Blue 24 will this be her year?

• Surprised to see you were in Azerbaijan ! LOL! You really do get about! Much bird life there? I imagine extensive grasslands with bustards.

• Thank you Keith for posting one of Chris's fabulous photos of FR3.  He is certainly looking in fine fettle, and seems quite at home among the trees and mangroves in Gambia.  It will be wonderful to see him back in the UK, perhaps later in the season.  Knowing that folk have actually seen him on more than one occasion makes it so much more personal, and puts him on my 'favourites' list!  Along with Caledonia LG, Yellow 30(05) RW, Blue 5F (could she find a mate in the Glaslyn area this year?),Rothiemurchus RD, and .....!!  There is so much to look forward to

Birdie's DU Summaries 2018   https://www.imagicat.com/

• QUOTE from KEITH, Page 3:  "Yes very familiar will never forget it - I lost my youngest son in a field identical to this not in Kent though but in the lavender fields of Jersey. We used to go camping when all the children were young and the youngest had not been walking long maybe he was about 15 months old. In a moment he slipped us out of the tent door and when I followed him he had disappeared in seconds. We all went off in differing directions to search and I went to the back of the tent pitched by the fence adjoining a similar lavender field. Fortunately I spotted some time later a little white tuft of hair moving just level with the top of the lavender. He was happy still sipping from his favourite juice cup walking amongst it. He did smell lovely when we got him back to the tent"

Lovely story, Keith.  Pity we don't have smellavision.  I'm glad it had a happy ending, as it could have been tragic.

• I am sorry to hear of the  loss to our RSPB Forum through the recent deaths of Margobird and Brenda. This brings to mind our own Sugar and Sunshine.  They will always be missed.

• Willow and All.  Sorry I haven't been able to get going with the countdown.  Maybe soon.

I just now tuned in the Carnyx bird feeder cam.  It does look sharp and clear.  Hoping for the best.

• On my iPad the Loch Garten Bird Feeder keeps freezing after a few minutes and I've got to close the page of the webcam and then back to the webcam, but again after a few minutes the webcam freezes again. Not a very good start, although it is a very sharp picture.

Regards,

Ian.

• THOMO,  Frankly the bird feeder has never interested me, so I only stayed a moment.  Since I wasn't there long enough to encounter any problems, I will check back later to see if I have the same problems on my laptop that you have.  

Thanks for the work you are doing on the cam thread you started.  I will be following.

Still hoping for the best with the LG cam this summer for all of us  on all our various instruments..