Loch Garten GABFEST in hibernation for January and February, 2017

• Willow you are a daring guesser, indeed. Your arrival date for EJ is 4 days earlier than her earliest recorded date of arrival. On the other hand, You have Odin arriving almost 2 weeks later than his previous latest arrival date.  Well, we shall see.

Here goes:

COUNTDOWN FOR  LOCH GARTEN NEST 2017

58 days till  EJ'S RETURN  on    Friday March 17th

ODIN'S RETURN  on Wed April 20th

• Good afternoon all. I think i was guessing rather wildly! Its really not long now :) Odin arrived at a very unusual hour last year in the dead of night! Maybe I should revise Odins arrival date :)

After her fling with BlueXD Odin made sure he arrived a lot earlier the following year! (To catch his cheating missus out)

• Great news that FR3 has been spotted again, long to see his return safely this year.

I worry for the Rutland team in Gambia and pray they remain safe although I think they are returning as soon as possible. Great news that 5F was seen again at Tanji Marsh. I thought the Gambia was quite a settled country thats why many tourists go there.

• It is a great shame for the local people who rely on this tourism for their livlihoods. It is a place I would really like to visit one day with its huge diverse  abundant wildlife. I always enjoy reading Kayleighs account of their time there. Specially all the ospreys lounging on the beach lots of them!

• The Gambia is a beautiful country, and the people are delightful.  I visited twice a few years ago.  I'm sure it's far more developed now.  There was a brand new golf course opposite the hotel, which was a haven for wildlife.  I went on a dawn bird watching walk and we saw so many wonderful birds.  The hotel gardens were pretty good as well, but rather too many people around.  I also went on an early morning canoe safari through the mangroves, and saw several osprey; although I wasn't following them then, quite by coincidence I had visited the Loch Garten Visitor Centre that summer, and wondered whether any of them recognised me!  I am saddened to hear of the political problems there, and hope common sense prevails and that such a beautiful country may soon be safe for tourism, which is such an important part of their economy.

• Very interesting, Pat O.  Thanks for posting.

• Willow, change the date for Odin if you wish, but once you make up your mind we will stick with that figure.  Like I've said many times - - a guess is just a guess. I haven't yet taken the time to count Odin's return time, anyway.

Just for fun, I'm going to try to find Keith's "scientific formula".  It was really something!  

• COUNTDOWN FOR  LOCH GARTEN NEST 2017

58 days till  EJ'S RETURN  on    Friday March 17th

ODIN'S RETURN  on Wed April 20th  (still under discussion)

• Good afternoon all. Interesting to hear of your trip to Gambia so

Good afternoon all. PatO interesting to read your account of your visit to Gambia sounds wonderful!

June I will keep my guesses as they are :) Ill still keep Odins arrival on 20 April!

• I'm sure many of you will be sad and shocked to hear that regular poster on the osprey threads Brenda, who was an avid follower of the ospreys, has passed away peacefully last night. R.I.P.