WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY NOVEMBER 13, 2016

Look back at last week for Lindybird's lovely Remembrance Day poem and related posts.

Veteran's Day was yesterday here, but there were some events today judging by the various planes that flew in formations along the beach.   

Best thoughts to all this week..

• LINDY   Not sure where your caravan is, but do hope you haven't been affected by the tornado.   I see that although the animal rescue centre at Grinshill has had the roof torn off, all the animals are safe and sound.

• Morning:

Djoan: Hey there! Great to see you and know you're lurking happily. :-)

AQ: Geez. Where was the small print?  I didn't see any small print....

Lindybird: You didn't sound preachy. As we get older, we take more things in our stride. Then there are the other things....

Managed to get another few oranges off our tree yesterday.  Meanwhile, tangerines are ready to eat, but that tree is a dwarf variety and only 5ft tall.

Got on the bathroom scales this morning. I've clearly done way too much comfort eating since the election, not to mention guzzling extra glasses of wine. Must get a grip!

Off to start the day.

• Margo - So very sorry to hear of your Sister's passing. You have had a rough time of it and need to take care of yourself now that she is at peace.

• Clare and Limpy - sorry to read of your loss. Cancer is such a dreadful disease.

• Unknown said:

www.bbc.co.uk/.../uk-38016701

Glad you are not in Wales this week, LINDA?

I saw the shocking news, and thankfully it was all South of where we have our holiday home.......I feel so sorry for those who've lost theirs, it must be very upsetting.  We had such good weather for November when we were there last weekend: I even walked on a seaside promenade without a hat on!

• Pleased you and the holiday home are safe, LINDA - after I posted that, I did wonder whether Cheshire counts as North Midlands!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• ...  And good morning!

Another day at home - got ironing to do.  OH has resurrected winter shirts, and I am gradually working my way through making them look respectable after summer storage!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good Morning.  You sound as if you're ironing shirts whilst eating breakfast, OG! ;-)

Dry here but cold. Off to get hosed down and ready as going out Christmas shopping with friend. Trying to get our family to tell us what they'd like!

Have a good day,  Everyone.

• Very cold morning, but lovely clear sky.  I have a very sneezy cold so OH took Benson out on his own before going to work. I will put his coat on and walk him again in a wee while, then the heating will go on for the rest of the day.

• Just catching up with all the news and Margo I was so sorry to read about your dear sister and also the bereavement that Limpy and Claire have had. As we get older I think that the realisation that we are all mortal comes closer in our minds.

Heather I was rather taken aback when you told us about the problems your O/H was having as he seemed to be a very active person who did not think that anything could keep him down so I hope you are being able to cope with his problems.

I am just trying to keep warm and shop for Christmas presents for my immediate family. The internet is great for getting things delivered to the door.

My son is coming down to see me next W/E as I have declined the invitation to go north for the festive season and my SiL and her sister and I are going out for our Christmas diner and that way nobody has the cooking and washing up problem.

Hope everyone manages to keep well as the winter arrives.

george g