Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 23 October 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

I hope everyone is enjoying autumn, and you all have a wonderful week.

I'm sending strength to those facing illness or adversity.

Brown County State Park, Indiana
Photo labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Last bus trip for the year tomorrow. Lunch in Eudunda. Expect to visit Marrabel, Tarnma, Peep Hill (only a church. it was used in film "The Water Diviner"), Australia Plains, Bower, Sutherlands - not much at any of these! Reached 30 C today but change with rain tomorrow. Probably be dry where we are going.

• Hello to all and thank you for pics and posts which I have enjoyed reading.

Son and grandson Sam on their way back to Shropshire, they left at about 10am. All that remains is the usual washing of towels and bedlinen :-)

Mini crisis this morning, the inner, very tiny part of OH's hearing aid got detached from the main part and stuck into one ear. I thought it might be an A and E job  but thankfully it was retrievable with my eyebrow  tweezers.  A few hours at the hospital was not on my plans for the day so I am very glad we didn't have to do that.

Son has put an app on my phone which saves me writing notes to OH. It converts speech to text and is fast and fantastic.

AQ - enjoy your trip! And LINDY - have a lovely time with the family. DIBNLIB - glad to read that your OH is doing the slabs bit by bit.

Everyone - have a good weekend. Hopefully, I'll be back properly next week with more cheerful posts than I've been writing lately.

Take care all -

• HEATHER   Glad you didn't have to go to A&E.  Whereabout in Shropshire does your son live.  We lived in Shawbury (about 9 miles from Shrewsbury) as that is the RAF school of air traffic control and OH was posted there twice as an area radar instructor and then on the examining board.

• DIBNLIB - son lives near Wellington, he met his wife down there when he was in the Air Force. he loves that part of the country and after being there a few times, I can see why!

• Yes, it is a nice part of the country, but a bit too far from the sea for me.

• Agree DIBNLIB but lovely villages and towns like Shrewsbury. DiL comes from Bridgnorth.

• We are back home after enjoying a lovely day with the family.  A very excited Tomasz, and the birthday boy Matthew, not quite sure what it was all about! Eldest arrived with Amber who was shy at first, but soon joined in with all the excitement. Lovely to see them all.

My sausage rolls were appreciated in spite of my not having rolled out the puff pastry thin enough, which resulted in enormously fat and puffy mouthfuls!! We had a good journey back and are now looking forward to an extra hour in bed, if the dog doesn't wake us too early!

• Heather -  clever you, managing to avoid an A&E drama by use of the tweezers.  Hope your OH is feeling alright now.

• We are still around!  Had a difficult week, but not all bad, and still got the coughs and sneezes, with occasional respite.  Will maybe write more tomorrow.

Don't forget the clocks fall back tonight!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Sorry you're struggling on, OG, but hope you're all over the worst now.

Just off to fight with all the clocks, thankfully 3 of them are self regulating!