WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY OCTOBER 8, 2016

Here's to a new week. Sending the very best thoughts to all.  

Daughter and dog now en route home. Phew. Cat has stopped skulking about and peering suspiciously around every corner.

In case you missed it, Lindybird is back from her cruise.

Rosy: Daughter made it easy this time - she corralled a friend and her son to do most of the feeding but there was just one day when neither could do it. Grandson put everything in labeled tubs so all I had to do was toss it over the fence! Why are cats so inflexible? :-)

• Good Morning, Everyone.

Thanks to Annette for starting us off. We went to bed very tired last night as we had risen very early that morning, then had our journey home plus lots of conversation with a friend who picked us up from airport, plus sis-in-law who brought Bonnie home.  Bonnie was tired, too, as she has had a wonderful time at S-in-laws playing with other dogs who she cares for, including a gorgeous 16 month old black Retriever/Labrador cross, full of energy!

She seems to have behaved herself and not eaten any shoes this time! 

Annette, cats seem to think they own the place and resent changes: Lightning is probably very put out over the changes in her routine. Sounds as if you've been busy again!

Sun is coming out again here and all is OK at home, although I forgot when leaving to move the plants from my kitchen windowsill, so some of them look rather forlorn..... no water as I no longer ask our neighbours to water them, as they (the neighbours, not the plants) are getting elderly and worry about responsibility.

• BRENDA:  I see that your family is still deep in health concerns - and that sounded like a long and tiring day for you both with your OHs examinations. Thinking of you All as your daughter in law has her surgery. {{HUGS}}

• Thanks, ANNETTE, for starting the week.  Pleased Lightning is feeling more settled now King has gone home.

Hello to BJANE and ROSY from last evening posts.

LINDA - good to see Bonnie had a well-behaved holiday and fun with other dogs.  Looks as if we in the west are to have more of this lovely sunshine - but we deserve it!

Must go get hosed down for church.  Thinking of BRENDA's family and praying for a good result from DiL's op;  hope they won't have to wait too long to hear.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Brenda: Sending good, healing energy to your daughter-in-law. Best thoughts for today's long operation. Hugs to you.

Margo: You are also in my thoughts. Best wishes to your sister and to you. Hugs to you.

• DIANE - sending hugs to you, too. It has been a bad time.

I've been thinking about BRENDA all day. Also about MARGO and her sister.

• A chaotic day here.  Work well underway in J's room - still packing stuff away ready to start actual decorating and re-organising next weekend.  Beginning to think he's been living in a Tardis, with all that is coming out!  Getting rid of some older storage in that room, but by moving bed, will fit in more of his own shelving etc which has been in the loft.

Hoping OH will do some of our own painting tomorrow - just the bottoms of the window frames on the outside on the most weather-facing side of the house.

I hope BRENDA's D-I-L has come through the surgery without too much pain and will have good news, also that MARGO's Sister has had a better day.  Thinking of ALL with problems.

• PS - Dau#2 and partner safely home from holiday in south of France - haven't spoken to her yet as I wanted them to have a peaceful day to get ready for work tomorrow.

• I've been thinking about them all, too, as I've been doing the chores. When you are in crisis, you find yourself wishing for just "an ordinary day, doing mundane things" rather than all the tension and worry.

I've been filling the w. machine and putting all the small items away which you take away with you, in case you need them. Also discovering some of the small gifts I bought for family and friends. I bought sis-in-law a pretty glass pendant in Venice as a present for looking after Bonnie. Also got myself a corny looking small beach bag with pictures of white buildings on it, and "I Love Greece!" across the top! We had two stops in Greece - the last one was in Katakolon which was near to Olympia - we went to see the original site of the ancient and original Olympic Games. It was a fascinating day out and I hope to show my pictures later.

We had such a wonderful time - I loved every minute and count myself very lucky to do such things. We had no newspapers but did catch the News Headlines on tv occasionally, and it was distressing to see the turmoil and upheaval in various different parts of the world. 

• Evening all:  Just watched the second so-called presidential debate and it's all so very, very depressing.

Have also been thinking about Brenda and Margo...

Lindybird: You're so right about missing the mundane chores when you're in the middle of a crisis. A relief for you that Bonnie did so well while you were away. Looking forward to those photos.

OG: Had to Google Tardis. Good luck with the decorating.

I'm off to Arizona tomorrow for a week to help granddaughter with Ms. D, who broke an arm on one of those wretched bouncy houses last week, the second day of daughter's visit, which put the kibosh on their plans for horse riding and swimming. Ms. D's school is closed for the week (some kind of mid-term break), so she and I will be hanging out while granddaughter is at work.

Will have my laptop so will be able to keep tabs on you all.

• Good Morning Everyone. Dry here and promises to be another good day for the remainder of my laundry (don't mention the ironing yet.......)

Annette - What a shame that Ms.D has broken her arm - there have been a lot of accidents on them here, plus those popular home trampolines. Pity she won't be able to go horse riding :-(  They are lucky that you can offer to step in to help - hope you can enjoy your visit, anyway.

OG - Hope the decorating goes well.  Nice to get it done before winter starts. You sound busy again, but perkier, so I hope you've got over your previous illness.

Wondering how things are with Brenda and family - I have not texted her recently at all, as I'm sure she has had enough on her plate without interruptions. Do hope things are now going well for her d.in law and she is recovering from that long op.

Thoughts also still with dear Margo and Diane.