WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 18 2016

And it's a new week. 

Check the last page of last week's thread for Lindybird's "Ode to a (Dirty?) Kitchen"   :-)

•  extra: Yes, DIANE is going today.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Back home safe and sound, more later.

Sorry to read MARGOs news.

• DIBNLIB - good to see that you are home - look forward to hearing more!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG: Thanks for the update. Diane has barely had a minute at home; now off again poor woman  Very difficult days for her.  Will have to see what Mary Berry said... Can't see how the show would work without those three. What about her partner; is he off to Channel 4? The announced move from the BBC the other week even earned a quick mention (accompanied by a joint groan of dismay) from a journalist and her interview subject on an NPR radio program devoted to business. Can't remember how it came up in that context....probably something to do with the media.

EDIT: Just saw on the BBC website that Paul is moving to Channel 4.  :-(

Planning a quiet day filled with paperwork and general puttering.

• Glad you're home, dibnlib.   

Annette:  Mary's partner judge on BakeOff,  Paul Hollywood, is getting a lot of flak in the media now as he has gone over to Channel 4. I expect they offered him lots of dosh.  Mary did not make an announcement after several days of the public holding their breath, until she returned from the States where she has been filming a cookery show.  I should think that she has had lunch with Paul and they both discussed what they should do. Lots of folks are very sad indeed, as it has been a much loved programme, and its out of our hands to do anything about it. But it will now never be the same again.

• Hello Everyone. We returned home Tuesday evening, but I was so tired yesterday. OH had a checkup for his eyes today. Daughter-i-L returned to Singapore Sunday evening on an overnight flight. Son arrived there this morning. D-i-l had more tests at London private hospital, but she needs to hear a gynacologist opinion about gathering her eggs, if chemo is necessary. Her operation is thought to be by the end of this month.

Daughter's wedding was a great success and although I know I am biased, she did look so serene and beautiful. Everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and we were glad to see that everybody mixed/ talked to folk they had never met before.

I have read all your posts and will try to catch up.  

So sorry to read OG's post about Diane and her brother. I do worry about Diane, but I know that we would all react the same if it was our brother. My thoughts and prayers are for him, Diane and the children.

• Thanks everyone for your posts. Thinking especially about DIANE and thank you, OG for the update.

I have spent all day cleaning out new kitchen cupboards and stocking them up. So tired that I produced evening meal at 5 pm!! I glanced at the cooker clock and misread the time, hence our very early meal. My OH trotted through when I called him to table and he looked at his watch but didn't say anything. I suggested putting on 6pm news on TV. Only then did he tell me it was only 5pm....

• Linda, So pleased to see that your OH has passed his hospital check up and that you are feeling so much better.

OG, Sorry that you have needed AB's, but good that they are working.

AQ, I will google your trip and trace your steps. Glad your knee withstood the walking.

Annette, Hard to imagine just how many oranges your tree actually produces. Fantastic that you can help others. 

I am also sorry to see that Paul has agreed to move to Channel 4. Latest news said he has been offered an excellent package.

• BRENDA- just read your post. So good to see that the wedding went off so well, with a beautiful bride! You must be very concerned about your DiL.

Good to read that OG' s check up went well, also LINDY' s OH.