Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 28 August 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK! HAPPY NEW MONTH ON THURSDAY! HAPPY NEW MOON ON THURSDAY, TOO!

Just to cheer everyone: Here are some cute wild raccoons ("trash pandas") that were playing at the Nature Center at the Turkey Run State Park just down the road from me. There are several pics.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Blue hibiscus flowering in back garden

• Morning all:  Warm today with hot winds due this afternoon and tomorrow.  :-(

Just read that a lightning strike killed more than 300 reindeer in Norway? Bizarre.

BrendaH: Thanks for the update on Margo. Do you know if she reads, can watch TV or whatever during these long sessions at the hospital? Hope so.   Our last big holiday weekend of the summer (Labor Day) is this coming weekend (another opportunity to stay off the roads).  :-)

Diane: Just spent way too long looking at the Shetland cams - they're such brilliant quality.

Heather: Good of you and SiL parents to help young'uns with new appliances, etc. Are they closer to you in the new house?

Alan: Lovely hibiscus. Hope you and Lady P are keeping well.

• Unknown said:

MaryGK: I see that you're online. The cruise ships Pacific Princess and Serenissima will both arrive in Lerwick Harbour early on Tuesday morning. Folks have been watching orca whales on the Shetland webcams.

DIANE - I have been away for a while so not been checking forum or webcams.   Thanks for the heads up for those two ships tomorrow, I will be checking bright and early :-)      Amazing to see the Orca whales on the webcams too.    I went to Spey Bay a few years ago to look for Ospreys, when we arrived there were several people along the shore line, so I was practically running to get there, but it wasn't ospreys they were watching it was a pod of Orca's, so I was delighted to watch along with them, even although I didn't see a single osprey there :-)

BRENDA - Thanks for the news.   Been Thinking about Margo and the long day she will have.   Was good to see that she had been getting out and about  recently.  

• Annette, Margo takes books and her music with her to the hospital. She has also managed to have a sleep in a bed recently.

Best wishes for tomorrow, Margo.

• Thinking of you tomorrow, Margo.

• Hello, Everyone,

Been occupied 'doing stuff'

Diane, Those shelf clouds look really scary. Like huge waves. I hope you were not too much affected.

There have been flash floods in Cincinnati, as well. My son's basement was under two feet of water. It drained quickly, but caused a lot of damage.

His car was at the top of the drive, fortunately.

Heather, you do seem to cope with your family's problems well and with humour. I hope nothing else happens to tax you, and that you can enjoy  seeing the new kitchen taking shape.

Lindybird, more lovely flower pics. Tatton Park seems huge. I did go there some years ago, but it was pouring with rain. so  not happy memories.  Enjoy your pics, though.

Best wishes for tomorrow, Margo.

• Annette, I must look up that lighting strike in Norway.It does seem bizarre.

Diane, forgot to say, cute raccoons.

I hope that your brother is making satisfactory progress, and that you are not having too stressful a time.

Best wishes to everyone else not mentioned.

• Good Morning, All.   Sunny & bright here again, which is a real treat.  I'm off to go and collect my new sunglasses, and do a few errands today. Saw some friends yesterday who were very positive about our forthcoming cruise holiday, which I hope allayed some of my OHs fears - I suspect he's only going to please me!

MARY - How lovely to see Orcas - that will be a great memory for you.

ROSY -  Tatton Park is quite big. They also hold outdoor concerts there in summer, and vintage car festivals, etc.

Thinking of MARGO today and hoping it will not be too tiring a day for her.

• Good Morning All

DIANE - the Pacific Princess has arrived.....   no sign of the other one...

When I first checked the webcam between 5 and 6 am this morning it was blowing a right old hoolie.... 

LINDA - It was a sight to see and most unexpected, so made up for the disappointment of not seeing any Ospreys.  Love your photos of Tatton Park, I have a friend from Manchester who goes every year.  

• Ooh!  I kept. checking yesterday, then decided it was the wrong day:  then this morning I forgot to look!! Thanks Mary!