WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, AUGUST 14, 2016

Hope it's a good/better week for everyone.

• Bjane/LINDY/ANNETTE - That sounds very interesting. I have positional vertigo myself - not too troublesome - and I have made OH do the Epley Manoevres, under duress:-) He might be keener on the Doc Martin exercises since he is a great fan of the programme...  Sorry, don't mean to sound flippant. It worked for you, Bjane and it could well help my OH. But yes, he is in his eighties so I will have to haul him up from the floor. I'll let you know how we get on. Thanks for that info.

• Good Luck to your OH, Heather!

Hope it helps.....

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've come on for a moan.... we've had my OH's Awful Cousin on the phone as she is going to come over from Canada in September.  She is being her usual pushy annoying self, and I can't go into detail, but I just had to go & get a bar of chocolate to calm me down before I had steam coming out of every orifice!!   Bah Humbug!

• Heather - I, too am in my eighties so I know.....

• Linda - a visitor like your OH's cousin takes the joy out of everything. I hope her visit is very short.

• Lindybird - Clare suggests you pour a bottle of washing up liquid into the toilet cistern before she uses it.  Maybe she won't visit you again.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Evening all:  Busy but good day here. Off to see daughter in the a.m.

Heather:  Your good example re your cypress hedge made me dig out three reluctant plants that have never looked wonderful and need too much water to do that. I may put in a salvia at some point (low water, easy care).

Lindybird: Oh dear.  Sorry about pushy cousin. Make a plan now to minimize disruption and angst.

Limpy: A bottle of washing up liquid?  Have not heard of that as a preventative.

Very best thoughts to Margo and Diane....

Take care all...

• Linda –Pushy Cousin coming in Sept. Isn’t that the very same month you’ve booked a trip to Timbuktu?

I’ve checked in late as car went in for service this morn. I walked 2 bus stops to a library to browse while I waited. Returning, car not ready, not ready, 3¼ hours pass. Then they say I have to bring it in again for more fixups (wheel alignment, worn brakes, etc) it will be another 2½ hours to fix. Apparently they had no more time free today.

I delivered clowns yesterday. They were a great success. MissJ adored the sausages and spent some time counting – I heard her count up to 6. There’s plenty more. When Dau went off to collect Miss4 from kindy, clowns were given turns on the indoor slide. Then their dollies. They announced – “doll-wy turn, L--- turn, doll-wy turn, J—turn”, again & again. Change of activity as they ran around the room carrying dolls & shouting “Baby Baby”. “Doll-wy sleep” and all lay down with MissJ making heavy breathing noises! Watching them, OH & I were exhausted LOL. All was well until Miss4 returned and I presented her with her dog. I had thought she may feel missed out when twins paraded their clowns so I had knitted a strange animal for her. (Any resemblance to a dog – well it has 4 legs, pointy ears & tail.) What a mistake. MissL wanted the dog and threw a tantrum. She was still clutching it as she sat in high chair for tea. I had a quiet word with Miss4 and offered to knit another, perhaps a different colour. Predictably she said pink. Next question, will MissJ want a dog too? Pictures perhaps tomorrow.

Knee somewhat sore as long drive on bumpy roads to Dau's home. Plus I had to protect knee from Toby who is one of those detestable jumping dogs. Dau is finding he does not respond to obedience training as well as her first cat!

• Unknown said:
    Limpy: A bottle of washing up liquid?  Have not heard of that as a preventative.

The effect when the toilet is flushed is impressive!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I've just read my favourite story from the Olympics so far.  I thought this was fantastic!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.