WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 31, 2016

Morning all:  Happy New Week.  Busy day here....

Brenda: I wonder if you've torn the rotator cuff in your shoulder. That would show up on an MRI.... Thanks for letting us know Margo is feeling chirpier. Ms D's hair is still pretty blonde in some lights but suspect it'll gradually darken (I used to be blonde!).

Lindybird: Oh dear, sorry your OH is paying for his good deed.

ChrisyB: Good to see you! Have fun at Kielder Water.

Heather: Do hope the family plan to sort out "problem" will take the load off you.

Rosy: How nice to combine outstanding tasks with a lazy day following a day where you and friend sorted out the world (nobody else seems to be doing a good job of it).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Diane, I am very sorry to read of your brother's continuing health problems.

I hope he can quickly be diagnosed and treated successfully. Positive thoughts from here.

Also hoping that your friends can get their flights back soon, so you can get home and  complete your project.

• Heather B said:

Hope that you are now sitting down, LINDY! Plus planning an easy and probably light meal this evening :-)

No rain here (yet) today, OH and I are, for once, relaxing in the conservatory. Sunshine and a G and T with plenty of ice.

I did sit down, Heather. Then I checked my emails for three days-- 64!

We've just had cauliflower cheese as I'd bought a huge one for the weekend, but it was not needed, as I served Waitrose herbed salmon on Friday night and my OH had brought home a boxful of fresh peas from the allotment.  Then I ate three Junior yogurts!

We had lovely sunshine this evening, you'd have thought that we'd had a beautiful July day but it's not been all that warm, and quite cloudy.

• Thanks, ANNETTE, for starting the week.

Sorry, DIANE, that your brother is so sick, and that you have so much on your mind as you try to get that project completed.

LINDA - sounds a very busy weekend, so pleased you found an easy meal of leftovers!

We enjoyed Burger Night at the Old Toll Bar on Friday - I had a Caesar Chicken Burger, the other two had Classic Beef.

Two of us went to a Cream Tea today again - ended up with a detour to Dumfries "on the way" home, giving an elderly Gent a lift home as he had filled his Diesel engine with unleaded petrol!  He'll have to arrange to get it collected, drained and cleaned tomorrow.

Update on Housemartins - they did successfully lay eggs after the latest nest repair and the three hatchlings are growing fast!  They peer out over the edge and chatter at us when we go out to our car - so happy for them.

Packing day tomorrow, then away on Tuesday morning.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Evening all: Seriously lazy afternoon watching film noire movies and puttering on the computer (oh, did some ironing too).  

OG: If I miss you tomorrow, have a lovely few days away (when are you due back?).

Have a good Monday everyone.

• Good Morning, All. Trying to be sunny, here. 

Going to have a 'tidying up' day after our busy few days, plus laundry of course, Inc. The Dreaded Ironing.

Sent our Youngest home with some of our now unwanted household items, plus a couple of books. Tomasz is quite the young man now, and has just got his first swimming certificate. Matthew is chattering a lot of a language of his own, plus singing! Maybe he will be musical, which would be nice. Youngest's car has been worrying with some warning lights, so he thinks it's time for it to go before it has any major problems. 

We are off to Wales again on Thursday, this time for a weeks break.

Hope you All have a good Monday!

• Meant to add, OG , so good to hear your Housemartin news. :-)

We tried a few years ago to encourage birds with nesting boxes under the eaves, but now realise that as we're south facing where we had put them, the birds knew not to use them as they would be too hot for the chicks.

Thinking of dear Margo today, and of Diane.

• ANNETTE - back some time Monday 8th - probably late as meeting Grandson#2 and Fiancée for a long lunch at Loch Leven's Larder on the way home - although we shall see Grandson at his Mum's at the weekend, Fiancée will be working Sunday.

LINDA - one year, HMs did nest successfully on our South West gable end and raised two healthy chicks.  But I am sure the North East gable is preferable just the gentle rising sun for a bit of warmth at coolest part of the day.  Have a good week in Wales - you sound ready for it again after the full weekend!

Hello to ALL - sorry not much time for replies, and still not feeling good - can't get rid of this tiring cough, and aching all over - I think this holiday is going to be hard work.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG sorry you are not feeling too good, I do,hope you will be able to get away on your break. Take care.

• Lindy after your very hectic but enjoyable weekend you are probably in need of a little break.

Annette Miss D is such a pretty girl.

Brenda hope day goes well for OH, will be thinking of you.

Thanks also to all for your kind thought.

Off to have stitches out this morning, has taken ages to shower and get dressed using just the right arm. Restricted movement in left arm for next 5 weeks.

have a good day all and take care.

• Good luck Margo. Hope all goes well.