WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY JULY 31, 2016

Morning all:  Happy New Week.  Busy day here....

Brenda: I wonder if you've torn the rotator cuff in your shoulder. That would show up on an MRI.... Thanks for letting us know Margo is feeling chirpier. Ms D's hair is still pretty blonde in some lights but suspect it'll gradually darken (I used to be blonde!).

Lindybird: Oh dear, sorry your OH is paying for his good deed.

ChrisyB: Good to see you! Have fun at Kielder Water.

Heather: Do hope the family plan to sort out "problem" will take the load off you.

Rosy: How nice to combine outstanding tasks with a lazy day following a day where you and friend sorted out the world (nobody else seems to be doing a good job of it).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Brenda, while you are at Queen Vic on Monday, you might want to pop into Minor Injuries with your shoulder.  I was very impressed a few weeks ago when my left arm suddenly stopped working after a fall - they were really great and ruled out most of the things I was worried about.  And there was hardly any waiting.  Lovely people who really care.  (PS:  Arm is now working properly again!)  (Reposted from last week's thread - keep up, Pat!!)

• Dreary day, sun appears just long enough for me to think of sitting outside but disappears before I get there. Nippy wind swirling around verandah. Knee has been feeling as if surgeon packed it with nettles, becoming less at last. Clowns have 4 hands between them, next chore to add the thumbs <sigh>

• Hi to all -

Seems like good advice from PAT, BRENDA. And ANNETTE's idea of rotator cuff injury could well turn out to be correct. Thinking about you. Between you and your OH you have a lot on your plate. It is good, though that you still able to drive and get your OH to places he needs to go.

AQ - Good to read that your knee seems, finally, to be getting better. Not so good about the clowns and I envy your sticking power. When I used to do knitting etc it was fatal to get bored with it, there were a lot of unfinished articles around and about. Such a waste of wool.

CHRISYb - Exciting! You will be so much looking forward to that trip.

Just about to break the old 'Scottish Sunday rules' which our neighbours across the road observe.  We are off to Asda to look for bargains. Out of respect for their beliefs old Sheana next door never worked in her front garden on Sundays. She did sneak out to the back garden, though!

Haven't finished replies, my chauffeur is calling. Back later.

• Annette: Thanks for starting the new thread. The photos of Delilah are adorable. Lindy: Your photos of the christening were also gorgeous.

Heather: I saw your note wondering when I would return from pet-sitting. I was supposed to go home this morning, but my friends didn't make it back. They've been vacationing in Inverness -- Canada, not Scotland -- and the Cape Breton area of Nova Scotia. Yesterday, they were scheduled to fly from Halifax, Nova Scotia, to New Jersey and then to Indianapolis, but the storms and flooding in the east grounded their flight. So they were stuck in Halifax, Nova Scotia, last night. They are hoping to get a flight out this afternoon. I really need to get home because the final draft of my project is due in 10 days.

I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up and replying to everyone. I'm really distracted and stressed. My brother has been re-admitted to the hospital. He started to go into acute kidney failure again. He has gastric issues that are causing life-threatening dehydration. He's diabetic and has chronic pancreatitis, and his blood sugar levels are swinging wildly. They're going to keep him this time and do extensive testing to try to find and treat the cause. He's only 55 and has young kids. I just thought I'd tell you all, because I probably won't be posting much for the near future.

Everyone take care of yourselves. Margo: My best to you.

• DIANE - I am so very sorry to hear the news about your brother. I'm sending you heaps of good thoughts.

• diane my thoughts are with you and your brother. X

• Oh Diane, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother. I assume you're almost done with the house/pet sitting in Indianapolis?  Best ever thoughts for you...

EDIT:  Only read the last para of your post due to other's comments, but see that you're now awaiting return of your friends.  Sounds like it's going to be a hectic and worrying week. :-((

• Diane :  Good healing thoughts winging their way to you, I'm so very sorry to hear that your brother is so poorly.  Extra stressful, too, when your friends are delayed so you're not home yet, yourself. {{HUGS}}

• Our second set of visitors are off home, now, after a hectic lunch here trying to keep the children amused as well as everyone fed, and lots of news being passed between us.

They've had a good holiday in Wales in spite of the changeable July weather, and the children are growing up fast.

• Hope that you are now sitting down, LINDY! Plus planning an easy and probably light meal this evening :-)

No rain here (yet) today, OH and I are, for once, relaxing in the conservatory. Sunshine and a G and T with plenty of ice.