WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, JULY 3, 2016

Welcome to a new week.  Hope ALL the familiar faces will show up this week!  :-)

Go back to page 8 of the previous thread to see Mike's link to the question: How do you free a Golden Eagle caught up in a very high tree without the use of a ladder?   Page 9 shows Bowie posing for his closeup.  OG and EE are busy shooting at cats and cheering on Housemartins in the midst of home repairs (the birds that is). 

Brenda: Well, there always seems to be one lavender bush that I missed!  I have to tidy them up and take off all the dead blooms once during the summer, then in the winter, I whack 'em all back by a third. Trouble is, they're all getting old and woody.  

OH and I bought tickets to a concert tonight - Jean-Yves Thibaudet is playing Rhapsody in Blue and since the Music Academy is hosting the show, the tickets were super cheap. But now we're looking at each other and thinking we'd rather stay home in our comfy togs and relax. But no. Must hose off and rise to the occasion.

Was amazed that Djokovich got knocked out at Wimbledon so early. Shocker!

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Thanks, LINDY - interesting about the internal noise. I didn't know that. OH won at the bowls this morning, came home, bright as a button. I don't know whether to be happy or cross with him!! As you say, things always seem worse at night. I have noticed that my own hearing isn't what it used to be. OH is lip reading nowadays - like your OH, he prefers to be facing people when they are speaking.

Unbelievable - a whole day with no rain so far.

• I won my bowls match this morning as well - and I'm also as bright as a button!  I heard someone saying that if she woke up one morning and nothing hurt, she was probably dead - so the odd ache or pain somehow feels OK!

• Ha ha Pat O! I will pass on that little gem to my OH!

• ANNETTE - had to google gray water systems! I know what grey water is but hadn't realised that you can reuse water so efficiently - but maybe expensive to install? Just to upset you, our one and only rain water butt is full. Brother in Brittany has several, all around his house and outbuildings. They are far more likely than we are, here, to have a rainfall shortage.

• LINDY   did your OH feel better before or after all that tooing and froeing!!!!? Glad his sisters dog is doing ok.

We only saw the 2nd set of the Kerber v Williams match as we were out and about the rest of the day.The Williams sisters are amazing but I am glad Kerber won as I didn't fancy another sisters final.

A wonderful 7 plus hours of tennis yesterday. Andy as usual had me on the edge of the chair. I am swimming again tomorrow and then coffee with friends, but will be back in time to settle down to watch Federer v Raonic in the first mens semi.

• HEATHER  We keep meaning to go to Zizzis so glad to know you enjoyed it. My OH also suffers from tinnitus, sometimes worse than others. Hope your OHs uncomfortable symptoms calm down and his anxiety lessens.

• PAT O I like that. I am obviously much more hale and hearty than I thought. 

• Thanks, DIBNLIB. You will agree that today has been the best day for nearly two weeks. One little shower, that is all. We didn't eat outside this evening but took our glass of wine out afterwards and sat enjoying the last of the sun. Windy, though.

• Morning all: Long walk and trip to Trader Joes; now home doing paperwork with one eye on Women's Doubles (a good match).  

dibnlib:  I'll be up at the crack of dawn watching Wimbledon live for the next few days.  I fear it'll interfere with my early morning walks.

Lmac: I'm torn between Andy and Roger too. Is it me or does Andy always come across just a tad miserable/grouchy? (I'm ducking as I say that!). :-)

Lindybird:  I'm about to have a reading crisis as I'm close to the end of one book and my reserved books from the library aren't in yet and I'm fast approaching the final Peter Robinson mystery. Must find a new prolific author and start at the beginning!

Heather: Odd symptoms for your OH and disturbing for both of you, especially as panicking creates its own symptoms!  Then again, changes in ear pressure (if that's the right term) can make normal noises suddenly very loud (after we yawn for example).  Odd too that he could suddenly hear your radio.  I'm sure if he's been checked out it can't be a case of wax buildup.  If he's otherwise healthy, maybe an anti-anxiety med might help? Does he remember anything more helpful about the noise today?  Re gray water, it certainly looks like the correct set up would involve quite a bit of work (as in digging trenches); then again, I know some people who run a hose from their washing machines straight out to their garden - you can move those easily - but that raises the issue of "eco-compatible" detergents as opposed to allegedly "eco-friendly,"  which often aren't. Toward the end of the presentation, the speaker commented that maybe gray water systems didn't offer as many benefits in gardens with water-wise or native plants (which is what we have).

PatO: Congrats on your bowls win.  Will remember to be grateful for the odd ache. :-)  

Very hard to watch television and fill in forms correctly at the same time!

• Annette, although I am a Brit I really don't like Andy Murray.  OK, he plays a good game of tennis - but his language, his facial expressions, his yelling at the crowd and at himself, and his generally slovenly appearance do not appeal to me.  And when he's being interviewed, he never looks at either the camera or the interviewer.  I really wanted Tsonga to win yesterday ... and now I am cheering for Roger Federer!!!