THE LOCH GARTEN OSPREY GABFEST FOR JULY, 2016

The osprey season is in full swing.  The two chicks at Loch Garten have been examined, ringed and named and other nests in the area are following along in due time. 

We are glad to be following two healthy juveniles named Willow and  Rowan.

•  EJ enjoying a fish all by herself in the morning sunshine.

• Unknown said:
    HI, KEITH>  I see you have liked a post above.  Sorry you couldn't stay long enough to chat a wee bit.

Sorry - Just had time to look for osprey news as I had to fly out to Varna in Bulgaria to survey an LPG Ship coming in to dock. Will be home Tuesday evening.

• Well if Glesni at Dyfi does not have enough problems - Up turns Monty's other girl BLUE 24. Maybe she will hang around with Monty when Glesni departs. Apparantly he has been sitting with her.

• Keith, I had the impression Blue 24 has been around the Dyfi all summer, though I could be wrong.

Kind regards, Ann

• Ann - She has been around the area since she arrived but kept her distance after Glesni chased her away. They now report she is getting back to charming Monty.

This is there latest quote - Blue 24 is on another perch around a mile away down river. She still spends some time on Nest 2, usually in the evenings and early mornings with Monty joining her now and again....

Dai Dot - we haven't seen him since 27th April, but our guess would be he is still around. All four Welsh nests have seen a lot of intruders this season, male and female - Dai may well be one of these serial intruders.

• Keith, Then Blue 24 is doing the same thing she did last year.  I imagine she will wait until after Glesni migrates after which she will probably spend some time on the Dyfi nest and perches before she, too migrates.  While I hope she finds a mate next year at another Welsh nest site, in some ways she is a stop gap measure for Monty, should Glesni fail to return at some point. On the other hand, if Glesni has to fight Blue 24 every year to keep the Dyfi nest, that could prove a serious strain on both of them as the years go by!

Kind regards, Ann

• Good morning all. Thankyou June for thinking about the " non facebook havers" I read Ems report on Ceri with a very bheavy heart and Ill admit brought tears :) Such a nice thought that they are naming the new hide Ceri.

Poor B24 forever hopeful! Oh I hope she finds a male and nest to call her own next season. Hope she pairs with the very beautiful Dai Dot ( has to my favorite!) Hope hes OK as not been sighted for some time

• Good luck with your new camera June Im sure youll have many days discovering and getting used to it :)

• I have not looked in on the Dyfi nest except today as was a bit upset about Ceri! Im surprised at her death because there were no signs of broken bones or viruse or infection. She was a strong and healthy juvenile and I feel so sorry for Ems and the team they care so deeply about the ospreys ! Big collective hug for all of them :)

•   Good afternoon ANN KEITH WILLOW and any readers.  Willow, I LOVE your term "non Facebook havers". I find it amusing and delightful.  It is now in the public domain and I will probably use it in the future.

My next post was to be a clip from the DYFI site about Dai Dot,(back when I took off to buy my new camera) as I know he is a favorite with you.  I see you have just named him as THE top favorite for you.  Congratulations, Dai Dot.  I too certainly hope DaiDot is OK.  We have tried to pair him with Blue24 in the past, obviously unsuccessfully.  Still hoping to see each of them happily mated next spring, whether together or as two separate couples AND with a nest (or nests) to call their own.

Also I must say that I WAS DELIGHTED to log in and find that this info had already been posted and that a lively discussion was under way.