Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 29 May 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I left a long reply on the end of last week's thread.

I've got a nasty deadline this week for my project, so you all won't hear from me for a few days. I hope everyone has a great week!

Eastern Bluebird
Labelled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Had a really good day out today - first part planned and the rest just sort-of happened.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• That's good, OG. Sometimes things work out happily.

Dibnlib - glad you feel better.

Yas - you have to have clicked on "rich formatting" when you reply, then look at the options above the box you're writing in, and click on the bold B on the top left. Or you can just type as usual, then highlight the bit you want in bold, and click on the big B, and then click anywhere in the box without writing on it, and hey Presto! 

• Winter has set in, cold and wet. Temps been down to 5 C overnight – we think that’s cold – up to 16-17 max in day. When the sun does emerge it is lovely in my possie in the bay window facing north.

Yesterday I poached eggs for lunch. For tea (dinner), finding sausages in freezer, I baked them in oven, plus a few frozen chips, plus broccoli & peas. I can do most but need OH to carry plates to dining room. A nice change to have a “normal” meal rather than frozen packs from supermarket. All being well I shall make soup today with the remaining tired veggies, adding bacon bits lurking in freezer. Also lurking in freezer were 2 slices of homemade meat pie. OH hadn’t seen them; he must look in freezer with eyes closed!

Yesterday was twins 2nd birthday. Dau phoned, put on speaker phone (as she often does so I can speak to wee ones). They said “Hello” and waved to me. Dau said they were given different toys, that way they will have twice as many to play with. As MissL dislikes wrapping paper (noise?), they piled gifts, covered with a sheet, on floor. The party with 2 other families (children similar age to Miss4 & twins) was cancelled as Miss4 had a tummy bug. Plans for 2 birthday cakes also abandoned, Dau and twins made a dozen cupcakes. I believe as much mixture dribbled on bench as in patty pans. MissL & MissJ quite happy, too young to know they were missing a party or anything.