Loch of the Lowes - 2010

Thought I'd start a separate thread for the posting of news, updates, pictures etc. from the nest at the Loch of the Lowes. Now that the first chick has hatched at Loch Garten the Daily Update page is going to get too unwieldy if it is used for news from LotL as well as LG, and the "News From Other Nests" is getting pretty full as well.

• The reason she is so old is because she  never stops trying.

Formerly known as Barbara Jean

• Oh Tiger: So funny to find Tricky Dicky (Nixon) on these pages - but let's not forget that after years of being dissed as a result of Watergate, he ended his days as an elder statesman of sorts, being called on by the media, etc., to comment on various contemporary foreign policy events. Which is a long way of saying that he survived to fight another day.

If anyone is getting the LOTL cam, please keep posting updates here as every time it stops and you have to refresh, I can't seem to get it back, due no doubt to heavy traffic.  Also can't reach the official blog right now...

• Hav'nt tried the official blog tonight for LotL,  Annette -  but will try to keep you updated on the goings on, on the webcam.

• She is definitely looking out for the male - and I'm sure I can hear her food calling, although the sound is very faint today.

• Thanks Lindybird. I'll keep trying and will probably have an easier time later when traffic is lighter.

• Unknown said:

Thank you Soosin and Valc for your sensible and pragmatic observations.

OG Just been reading through comments on main blog. and omg.  So Glad I wasn't at home over the weekend, Think I would have been banned from the forum.

All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.
    Spike Milligan

• Hi

This is my first post to this community blog so please excuse my clumsiness if I get it wrong

I decided on Saturday night I could no longer watch the webcam, I thought Lady had gone and disaster was iminent , and as I logged on in the twilight all I could see was one of the chicks faces peering into the gloaming and it just haunted me. I still followed the LOTL blog  and have watched the webcam again since Sunday night, , not believing what I was seeing, in that she was alert again, and that the Laird had upped his game above all expectations.

What we have witnessed is extraordinary, the Laird has stepped up to the mark and is surely now part of LOTL folklore and I believe Lady is making an incredible effort to see her chicks to fledging,

What really inspires me though is the caring people on the forums and the devotion of the staff at LOTL, it won't be a perfect outcome I'm sure but if those chicks take to the skies it's a result

regards 

Brian 

• I can't get on the official blog either . I think all the traffic is crashing it . So any updates  any one  can get would be appreciated Thanks !!

This is truly an amazing story that is unfolding before  our eyes 

Formerly known as Barbara Jean

• Themale is back with a fish - lots of excitement and shouting on the nest, but he is in the way of the camera! I'm sure she is eating some fish - hooray!!

• lol   She moved forward without hesitation there.  Now he's confused..

All I ask is the chance to prove that money can't make me happy.
    Spike Milligan