Loch of the Lowes - 2010

Thought I'd start a separate thread for the posting of news, updates, pictures etc. from the nest at the Loch of the Lowes. Now that the first chick has hatched at Loch Garten the Daily Update page is going to get too unwieldy if it is used for news from LotL as well as LG, and the "News From Other Nests" is getting pretty full as well.

• Peter at LotL has written a new blog and explains that she doesn't seem to be able to open her eyes.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• The male is feeding both of the chicks, and they are taking the fish well.  Just hope that he can continue like this with both the fishing and feeding, as at least the chicks are in good health and growing fast now.

• Chicks still feeding. Well done Laird - brave lad

EDIT and feeding himself too - he needs to keep his strength up now

• Thanks OG, have just been to read the update and saw the Laird feeding his chicks. The happy and the sad side of nature, all in one picture.

• Oh dear - I know it's dark now but still - poo ruining image

• Just logged on again and caught up with the posts.

The nest is quiet, I don't suppose we know yet whether Lady has gone or is hanging on in there.

Hope and prayers are with you up there at LOTL and for all the team. It must be heart wrenching at the moment, not knowing what is going to happen to Lady, although the prognosis looks grim.

I can just about see one of the chicks moving a little.

We will have to see what the morning brings - at least we know the chicks are being fed by Laird which is wonderful.