Loch of the Lowes - 2010

Thought I'd start a separate thread for the posting of news, updates, pictures etc. from the nest at the Loch of the Lowes. Now that the first chick has hatched at Loch Garten the Daily Update page is going to get too unwieldy if it is used for news from LotL as well as LG, and the "News From Other Nests" is getting pretty full as well.

• To answer my own question, No still just the two:

• It looks a lovely family scene, but she is actually nagging him for more fish. He, in typical LotL male osprey tradition, is slinging her a deaf 'un. 

• Unknown said:

It looks a lovely family scene, but she is actually nagging him for more fish. He, in typical LotL male osprey tradition, is slinging her a deaf 'un. 

Sandy thanks for starting the thread - I've captured some amazing pics but unfortunately cannot share them as DEBUT programme and MYSNAP3 programme will not let me. I took one of the above - it is just amazing what we are allowed to share from this site and LG plus others.

• Hi Sandy, he has delivered 5 fish today. He really is proving that he is not as bad as we all thought. It was 28c at 5pm. That would be hot on that nest.

• Sandy - a priceless 6mins and 14 seconds of video.  That fish incident could have ended much worse than it did.  Thank you for sharing it.  Sorry if this is corny but I couldn't help thinking that Marge and chicks looked shell shocked for at least 30 seconds afterwards.   Luckily the unhatched egg seems undamaged,  the chick Malcolm or Mac stood on recovered instantly so no damage there and Marge seemed to settle the other chick quickly afterwards.  Compulsive viewing.

• Unknown said:

Thanks Sandy I agree that's a good idea - sometimes on the Daily Update yesterday, it wasn't always clear which nest people were talking about, when they were posting quickly. The fact that LOTL don't give their birds official names, also adds to the potential for confusion.   

Lynette also started a separate thread for Manton Bay Rutland last week - it didn't take off at that time, but perhaps we might want to use it for similar reasons, if there is a successful hatch there? Due in about a week now I think.  

I agree with you Sue for precisely the reasons you give. I think that the other two sites that have streaming cams ought to have their own threads (which they now have) and the "News from other Nests" can cater for all the rest. I think the RW thread will pick up when the chicks arrive, I for one will be watching more at that time.

BTW, here is a link to the Youtube video of the second chick being helped out of its shell by the tail of a fish - amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUc814OSTU

[/quote] It would be nice to continue with Manton Bay if successful hatching occurs then we can keep a lookin at all three nests in separate threads.  I only stopped because no real interest was shown at the time.

• Morning everyone - it looks soggy at LOTL, Lady has her back to us with head down protecting her precious little ones and looking soggy herself. Do hope the weather improves.

• Weather looks rough at LotL this morning.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• The Laird has brought in a fish - Lady not taking it at the moment. Still alive with head.