Loch of the Lowes - 2010

Thought I'd start a separate thread for the posting of news, updates, pictures etc. from the nest at the Loch of the Lowes. Now that the first chick has hatched at Loch Garten the Daily Update page is going to get too unwieldy if it is used for news from LotL as well as LG, and the "News From Other Nests" is getting pretty full as well.

• Thanks Sandy I agree that's a good idea - sometimes on the Daily Update yesterday, it wasn't always clear which nest people were talking about, when they were posting quickly. The fact that LOTL don't give their birds official names, also adds to the potential for confusion.   

Lynette also started a separate thread for Manton Bay Rutland last week - it didn't take off at that time, but perhaps we might want to use it for similar reasons, if there is a successful hatch there? Due in about a week now I think.  

• Sandy/Sue,

I agree that the “News from other Nests” thread is getting very full. Do you agree that we still use the “News from other Nests” for major news – Hatching, fledging etc, but use the individual threads for more detailed discussions? Sometimes I have a quick couple of minutes to see what’s happening in the Osprey world & this year it’s been very useful to be able to check one thread rather than individual websites. I then look at the other threads and websites when I have more time.

• Unknown said:

Thanks Sandy I agree that's a good idea - sometimes on the Daily Update yesterday, it wasn't always clear which nest people were talking about, when they were posting quickly. The fact that LOTL don't give their birds official names, also adds to the potential for confusion.   

Lynette also started a separate thread for Manton Bay Rutland last week - it didn't take off at that time, but perhaps we might want to use it for similar reasons, if there is a successful hatch there? Due in about a week now I think.  

I agree with you Sue for precisely the reasons you give. I think that the other two sites that have streaming cams ought to have their own threads (which they now have) and the "News from other Nests" can cater for all the rest. I think the RW thread will pick up when the chicks arrive, I for one will be watching more at that time.

BTW, here is a link to the Youtube video of the second chick being helped out of its shell by the tail of a fish - amazing!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsUc814OSTU

• What a wonderful pic that is, Sandy - thanks.  Also came on to say what a good idea this is, as sometimes the threads do get confusing when there is a lot going on, on all the nests.

• Thanks Sandy. Things were getting confusing.

• Good idea Sandy, I too was getting confused yesterday. Thanks.

• Great idea having a separate thread for Loch of the Lowes.  Makes things a lot less cluttered on the LG Daily Update threads.  Thanks for starting this Sandy.

Picture still looking a bit tempramental at LotL.

Lady Marge of the Loch is doing a great job.

Paul.

Warning!  This post contains atrocious spelling, and terrible grammar.  Approach with extreme edginess.

• Just had a peek at LotL and saw this extreme close-up. Surely not 3 chicks already?