Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 24 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

I'll be back soon to catch up with everyone.

• I'm leaving today instead of tomorrow. Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!

• Safe journey, Diane, if you're reading this!  Have a nice visit, and don't stand any nonsense!   I will start off the new thread if Annette is not around, although it won't be midnight, it'll be whenever I surface on Sunday morning here!

Sitting cosily now, and Bonnie is at my OH's feet, having been on the beach & run around, plus a good gnaw on a new bone! Going to go to bed early.....

EDIT -  All of us, that is!

• Brenda - I know what you mean about aching after doing something you're not accustomed to.  Hope you've not overdone it.  When should your OH get his biopsy results? Hope it's soon.

• Linda, OH has now received an appointment for the 3rd of June, for his biopsy results. If they find anything worrying before that, he will get a phone call.

I hope Diane will be able to enjoy herself, at least some of the time.

It has been a beautiful sunny day, but the breeze is rather cold. Rain overnight. 

• The gardener arrived at 7.00pm He had to cancel Tuesday's arrangements. He is going to change the positions of our flower beds and will cost the plants over the weekend. We were in the garden for over an hour and a half. I was so cold that I asked him to continue talking in the house.  

• Diane: I see Indiana is indeed the center of the Universe in terms of the primaries right now.  My condolences!

• You do seem to be having weird weather over  there.  Meanwhile, we have more strong winds on a regular basis than I can remember...   I guess the DC Arboretum eagles (Mr. President and First Lady) have caused some upset by bringing an unlucky cat to their chicks.  :-(

Lindybird: West to east definitely takes more of an adjustment. Your DiL is likely still able to recover in one day; in later years it's more like several or even a week!   Good the shirt went over well.  Re Bonnie, you're going to have to start going out in the dead of night to plant anything. Stay cozy in Wales.  

OG: Awful about the Red Kite - with three apparently poisoned in the same area last year.  Wish they could catch these people.  I'm opting for the stocks vis a vis drawn/quartering.  

Diane: I'll start the thread this Saturday - if I can remember which day of the week it is. Got completely discombobulated what with travels and family visit - we all did.  Space Shuttle definitely an impressive sight. Ah, I see you've already left for bro's house. Hope it's a good visit with niece/nephew.

Laundry done; beds all made; just a small pile of ironing lurking on the counter top.

Back later; take care all.

• So where are you Lindybird - enjoy your break wherever!!

Thank you all for your news, always interesting to see what's happening.

OH and I went over to a local hospital for OH to have his stitches out. Fine, out on the neck where they took the skin graft from and out from the ear (or at least the dressing which was stitched in. Dissolvable stitches in ear but have to go back about twice a week for the dressing to be changed because it was a skin graft and they want to make sure its taken. Bit of a pain as he wasn't told this when discharged.

Why is access denied??

Will try this post again

• OK, it wasn't denied this time. Don't know what happened there but after posting on the DU and then refusing post on this one I went back to DU and had to sign in again.  Never mind I suppose its one of their glitches that happens from time to time.

OG - read that article re red kite, too many shootings or killings of raptors seem to be happening. Its sickening.

Not doing much over the weekend as OH hopes to be commentating at our County Ground providing the weather is fine.  Dau and I might go and see The Jungle Book on the Monday, a bit of light indulgence.

• Margo - what a moving post. Your OH has been amazing at looking after you and it will be really nice to have him home with you. It must be a wrench for him to have to stop work but he has made the right descision.  Do as many things together as you can and hopefully enjoy a meal over the weekend.  Always in thoughts, and do hope these transfusions will help.