Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON (on Friday).

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I meant to tell you all this story.

Early last week, during the very high winds, I had to go north for groceries. I was unloading my shopping and struggling to walk in the gales. I saw R.T. Hawk and his pale mate (the red-tailed hawk pair) riding the thermals together.

R.T. started to glide over the creek toward town, and then he saw me watching him. He circled all the way back and flew right toward me. He turned into the wind and pumped his wings, so that he was hovering in one place right above me. He looked at me in the eyes for several seconds! Then he turned and flew on his way. I don't know what made him fly over to see me.

I haven't seen any hawk juveniles around this year.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Nokota Wild Horses on the prairie in North Dakota
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Yesterday’s escape with Friend was wonderful. Chatter chatter yabber yabber. We found 4 “new’ churches (one a roofless ruin), several “Seen Better Days” buildings and a lovely lunch at Hahndorf bakery. So good that I bought supplies for our evening meal. I was tired but refreshed for the outing. We are already talking of the next.

Dau was out ready to go home, managed to get 2 kids strapped into carseats but MissL refused. Dau knew her OH was in a meeting at work so unavailable. Instead, after 15 mins stalemate, she rang home & asked my OH to speak to MissL. Grandpa told her to help Mummy and get in car. She did!!!!! I find it hard enough to load a willing kid into carseat, no idea what I would have done, short of child abuse.

• Hi Everyone, Had a long chat with Margo this morning. She is improving, but still doesn't feel great and doesn't have much energy. She is trying to build up some enthusiasm to go out for a meal at the weekend. She is due a transfusion next week, after her normal blood tests. Obviously something that she doesn't look forward to happening, as she waits for the results. She can ring the hospital team if she feels she needs a transfusion before the arranged date.

• Thanks Keith. We have village celebrations tonight. The beacon will be lit and there will be fireworks.

• Thanks for news of Margo, Brenda:  it is a difficult time for her at the moment.  Thinking of you if you're reading this, Margo!  {{HUGS}}

Enjoyed seeing the Queen this morning in the sunshine, having her walkabout at Windsor.  How lucky they were with the weather, it wasn't supposed to be so bright, apparently.  Everyone looked so cheerful, including Prince Philip, who is amazing at aged 95.

Brenda:  How nice that you have a beacon.  There are a lot all up and down the country, it will be quite a sight if anyone can get to see them. The street parties seem to be mostly planned for her Official Birthday in June.

• I've been sorting out all kinds of things, including kitchen cupboards and boxes of old saved paperwork:  I have thrown several things away, including, you will be glad to hear, a jar of sauce marked 'Use By Sept. 2013', and some brochures about accommodation in Yorkshire - for 2007!!

• I've also been able to deal with some of my photographs which I have been sadly behind with over the last few months, as I got to grips with this bl****d new pc - I've had the pc for a year now but still struggling.

Here are some from last Autumn:  a visitor to us in our Welsh abode, pic taken through the bedroom window!

Also, a pic I took of the little Swan family - at the time, I thought she would be lucky to raise all of them, but as you saw by my later pictures, all six survived!

• Absolutely beautiful, Lindy!  I love swans.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hang on!!  Did the above pics in a dash......  that is probably the pic of them nearly grown up, but I meant to post one of them as smaller young 'uns...can't find that one now !

Here's one of our eldest grandson, Tomasz, blowing out the candles for his little brother's 1st birthday:

......and you know who THAT is.....!

• Awwwwwww!  Tomasz is lovely.......and so is THAT.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Here is Matthew's reaction to seeing his cake:

Ambers determination to get into a toy box.....

Note the leg which was left out at first, but:

"I'm in!"   (well, almost!)