Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 17 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON (on Friday).

Last week's Chat thread is here.

I meant to tell you all this story.

Early last week, during the very high winds, I had to go north for groceries. I was unloading my shopping and struggling to walk in the gales. I saw R.T. Hawk and his pale mate (the red-tailed hawk pair) riding the thermals together.

R.T. started to glide over the creek toward town, and then he saw me watching him. He circled all the way back and flew right toward me. He turned into the wind and pumped his wings, so that he was hovering in one place right above me. He looked at me in the eyes for several seconds! Then he turned and flew on his way. I don't know what made him fly over to see me.

I haven't seen any hawk juveniles around this year.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

Nokota Wild Horses on the prairie in North Dakota
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Oh dear OG, sounds as though you have over done it somewhat! It has been a couple of very nice days and the gardening does need doing, I know.

I have at last got myself up to Whinlatter, it is a 50% longer drive,  as the main road is still closed. Apparently it will be opening in mid-May, I hope so! It was good to watch the pair do a change-over on the nest, and to hear news of white 14 and his interesting journey.

I must congratulate Clare on getting a job, and one which can include the volunteering -ideal!

Also very sorry to hear of Margo's persistent virus, love to her.

• I can't wait for the end of the American Presidential elections and all of the palaver around it.  Limpy has taken to enthusiastically shouting 'Trumpy!' whenever the bloke appears on TV.......his surname just has us in more and more fits of laughter at the idea of there being a President Trump.  It got even more ludicrous when a few of his commercial buildings were shown, all with TRUMP across them.  Honestly.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Evening all:  All packed for the final trip home tomorrow. Very hot here today, but hotel was quiet and we had our garden area with pool and lounge chairs to ourselves save for other quiet guests. My sister and BiL were also shocked when I told them I'd read about the death of Virginia Wood on the BBC website - they really liked her.

Clare: You can't wait for the US elections to be over?? Just think how we feel!!  :-)

ChrisyB: Good to see you.

Tucked up in bed and about to call it a day.

• Unknown said:
    You can't wait for the US elections to be over?? Just think how we feel!!  :-)

I can imagine.  I can't wait for the EU referendum to be over here......I'm sick to death of hearing about flaming 'Brexit'!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Good Morning.  Sunny again here, nice to get some spring weather.

Good to hear that all's going well with your family gathering, Annette, and the weather is good, though hot. You will probably feel somewhat tired afterward.

OG -  Sounds as if you might have overdone things - please pace yourself.

Clare -  At least Trump is a bit of comedy relief!

• May I offer congratulations to Her Majesty the Queen on the happy occasion of her 90th birthday.

• Lindybird said:
    At least Trump is a bit of comedy relief!

Just as long as he doesn't get elected.  I normally like crashing unsubtlety in a person but he's the exception.

• Good morning, all.

OG- do hope that you slept well and feel better, today.

Back later, hair appointment at 10, not showered yet :-(

• Keith:  Thank you for the lovely tribute to HM The Queen on such a special day:  she has done us proud, and I make no apology for being a total Royalist, especially where she is concerned.  What a huge commitment she made to us all, and how many years she has given us of duty and hard work.