Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 10 April 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here. I left two long posts on the end of last week's thread, and others had posts, too.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

These are endangered American White Pelicans like the ones that are waiting out the bad weather on the lake down the road from me, so they can again fly north to their breeding area.

American White Pelicans
U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service government photo
Labeled Public Domain (Copyright Free)

• Unknown said:

A very Happy Anniversary, Linda and your OH. So good that you enjoyed your meal. If you can't be naughty on your anniversary...................

Thank you Brenda, LOL!!  -----and others, too, thanks but it's not a big thing when they seem to come around so often! We exchanged cards this morning and then laughed, because they were almost identical in style and wording - two glasses of bubbly on the front of each!

• DIANE- Couldn't be more pleased for you! Just great :-)))))

• Wendy --  ah, poor Daisy.  Hope she's soon back to her old self.

• OG - Not surprised it seemed 'Not very warm' in the garden - appearances can be deceptive. The sun shone here for a while but the wind was still sharp. Nice sounding lunch for you, too!

(Bonnie is not necessarily happy about being contained in the garden, she still hurls herself against the fence every day to see if she can get over. I think she always will)

• Lindy Daisy just a bit discombobulated but she has had 2 small meals of half normal biscuits with white fish and fishy juices..

She has a cup of decaf tea ever morning and gave me daggers as it didn't appear until 1.30 when she got home.

Our vets are the best and understand her so well and have just noticed they gave her a pedicure.. Sadly no varnish!!

• Wendy - I should think that just as we would feel, if it were us, it's best to have smaller meals but perhaps more often, whilst recovering. Nice that she got a pedicure which must feel good!

• Lindy it's even harder as she is not really our dog so have to relate everything to Mum..

There again we are at home and can give her 24/7 company.

It seems you can get proper boots so off to Elgin in search as it would make the next 10! Days easier.

• Did anyone watch the travel programme on BBC2 tonight, "Grand Tours of Scotland"?? Tonight's episode was mostly in the Cairngorms.

Near the end, there was a short discussion on the modern history of birds in Scotland, in particular Ospreys!  Film of an Osprey catching fish, plus an Osprey pair feeding chicks on a nest - not the LG or LotL nests, but someone out there might recognise it!

• Diane, Absolutely superb news. I am thrilled for you. Sounds such a worthwhile contract too. Hope the money pours in soon for you.

• Good evening everyone.

It has been some time since I had last posted. OH has had some health problems,including a rather dramatic episode on holiday in Tenerife.  There have been a lot of hospital visits.

However, things have settled  down now, thankfully. Some changes in medication.

I have  read most of everyone's recent news. I have enjoyed the doggie tales.

Also wedding news and interesting venues.

Very happy for Annette. It must so good to meet up  and spend time with her sister.

Have a great time, Annette.

Very good news about your new work, Diane. So happy for you. It sounds very ethically suitable to you as well.

Sorry Margo is not well. Best wishes to you, Margo.