Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Heather B said:

A serious facial expression and speaking quite slowly without making direct eye contact;-))

I'm sure that the eye contact thing is so that he won't see the appeal in my eyes!

Blimey.  No wonder I'm still unemployed.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Ha ha WENDY! I will wait until dinner time this evening and open some nice Rioja for us both and sit very comfortably on my laurels!

• He spent his professional life  making/helping aristocrats realise that their ideas were not backed up by their available cash. And so saying 'No' comes to him much more easily than saying 'Yes' LOL

Clare Bailey said:

A serious facial expression and speaking quite slowly without making direct eye contact;-))

I'm sure that the eye contact thing is so that he won't see the appeal in my eyes!

Blimey.  No wonder I'm still unemployed.

[/quote]
  • I think blokes were born to say no.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• I got so excited I didn't know where the advice came from but it gave me the impetus to phone the joiner!

Unknown said:

Well done, Heather. Pleased you took the advice.

• It is congenital then? I thought that I had the only husband like that ;-)

Clare Bailey said:

I think blokes were born to say no.

• Took me by surprise when I put pc on this afternoon.  Back so early and the weather is in for a big change so hope nothing rocks the boat.  Wonder when Odin will arrive then.  But great news.

• HEATHER    We got our kitchen from Howdens  and it was built by our regular joiner. We were able to use his discount for the purchases, which included fittings for the breakfast room as well as the kitchen. The double oven is a Bosch and we always use the fan oven at about 10 degrees more than inst specify. The ceramic hob is also German.

• Heather B said:

It is congenital then? I thought that I had the only husband like that ;-)

I think blokes were born to say no.

[/quote]Ex farmers are just the same!!

• Good for you HeatherB and so pleased your OH has agreed to a new kitchen. You can have lots of fun now looking at layouts, cabinets etc and deciding which.  That's all I need now although my kitchen hasn't been in since 1987.  Howdens sounds good, I know that when I had our friendly builder in to do some work he would always recommend Howdens for kitchen/bedroom furniture etc.