Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 20 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY SPRING EQUINOX!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• Whey hey, Heather, get on the phone to your joiner and look/pick a new kitchen, now. It is something you have wanted for a long time and now your OH agrees. 

• I think I will have to do it CLARE/BRENDA Watch this space.

• Heather B said:
    BRENDA and all - Well, OH and I had The Conversation. He knows that I am unhappy with kitchen design. He realises that apart from minor issues, the existing fitted kitchen units are still OK. He remembers paying a lot of money for Poggenpohl kitchen units in 1987. He knows that my Yorkshire puddings no longer rise spectacularly and I can't make scones (and coffee cakes lol) any more. He knows that our replacement larder fridge is working but was a cheapie and is falling apart. He has agreed to a new kitchen - but maybe bought and fitted by our friendly joiner rather than an expensive kitchen company. I wish that I had recorded the conversation but meantime, will buy a new mixer, make no more cakes for a while and live in hope!

My fingers are crossed for you!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• CLARE - I just did it! I phoned the joiner, told him no pressure as to time and he advised us to go into Howdens joinery and look at what they have. If I had any champagne in the house I would open it!

OH is amazingly calm and not speaking in his accountant voice. Can't believe it.
  • Yeah!  Loads of reasons to celebrate in your house, then.

What exactly is your OH's 'accountant voice'?  I'm struggling to imagine this.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• A serious facial expression and speaking quite slowly without making direct eye contact;-))

I'm sure that the eye contact thing is so that he won't see the appeal in my eyes!
  • Heather I have some so could be there in around an hour:-))

• Well, obviously didn't get the pix uploaded last night.

Clare: Thanks for the EJ heads up. Doesn't Odin typically arrive first? The boat-naming project is a riot - I personally liked "It's Bloody Cold Here." As the writer noted, they wisely asked for "suggestions," with no promise held out for winning choice.  Did you train the cockatiels not to poop on you or is Limpy their preferred perch?  :-)

Lindybird: So sorry Bonnie is topic of what sounds like a serious conversation. Your SiL was probably desperate as to options  - maybe Bonnie was howling all night?

MaryGK. No, no, not the wrong thread at all! :-) Nice to see you - enjoy the season.  

Hi Harelady.

OG: Sorry J has been hit with bug; hope it moves on quickly.  G/daughter and former promising partner are still very good friends, but suspect he was reluctant (a case of once bitten twice shy) to formalize the relationship.

Brenda: Get better soon.

dibnlib: A tutor for a cat? The mind boggles....  

Heather: Suggest you start research on new kitchen immediately before OH forgets the conversation.  Oh, I see you've already taken the first steps. Congratulations!  "Accountant voice?"    OMG, I think we have the same OH.  :-)) 

Will definitely get pix uploaded soon!

After three days of fog/overcast, sunny here today so looking forward to whale count.   Apparently the first cow/calf pair has already shown up.

• Well done, Heather. Pleased you took the advice.

• Unknown said:
    Thanks for the EJ heads up. Doesn't Odin typically arrive first? The boat-naming project is a riot - I personally liked "It's Bloody Cold Here." As the writer noted, they wisely asked for "suggestions," with no promise held out for winning choice.  Did you train the cockatiels not to poop on you or is Limpy their preferred perch?  :-)

EJ always arrives first, though apparently the male bird is supposed to be the first back.  I nearly died laughing at the suggested names for the boat, especially the big metal floaty thingy-thing!!  Limpy is indeed the cockatiels' preferred perch as he's bald!  Thank goodness for hair.