Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 March 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

The New Moon (the dark Moon) is on Tuesday.

Last week's chat thread is here.

Everyone have a wonderful week. Spring is almost here!!!

• Thinking of Margo, who has not been feeling good  this week. She had a blood test yesterday and the cancer clinic rang her last night to tell her to be at the hospital for a blood transfusion at 7.30am this morning.

• Good morning

BRENDA- thank you for letting us know about MARGO. Sending cyber hugs to her.

I'm so glad that the weather has brightened up for LINDA.

LYNETTE- Good on you for getting near your target for the swimming! I haven't yet changed to Windows 10, hope that your OH gets his computer back soon.

ANNETTE- no post from you so I guess that you are wiped out by this nasty cold. Take care.

OG- Trust that you found something to do last evening! I remember the days when OH and I used to work on in the garden after dinner, or even go out for a drive in the summer months. Nowadays we are very lazy. I'm guilty of getting into pyjamas after clearing up the dinner things and just chilling out. Last evening had several phone calls from family. My brother's car is totally kaput.A mechanic friend made the grim pronouncement yesterday. So now no money no car and a brother in the doldrums.

• Drove to Beauty yesterday. The views were stunning. Our plans for visiting OHs family were cancelled. we offered to slip it one week meaning down on Sun 13th and back on the thurs but that didn't suit them. think now we will be going to see my Mum on Sun and returning Mon. Trying to see if we can meet up with friends on our return home but so far no reply from them.

• A foggy morning here, which hasn't cleared yet.

We did thorough clean of the house yesterday. Just left with the kitchen today. I did feel very tired last night, but then had difficulty getting to sleep.

Lynette, I don't use Windows, but I have heard good and bad reports. I hope your OH's problems are sorted soon.

Heather, Sorry about your brother's car, on top of his money problems. You will be out in the garden, in the evenings, when the warmer weather arrives.

Annette, No post probably means that you are no better. Do hope you recover soon.

OG, Sounds a very good price for hemming the rugs. I guess your OH is already out, doing the shopping.

• Dibnlib, Sorry your plans 'fell through' with your OH's family.   I know it is so hard for you when you visit your Mum. Hope you can meet up with your friends, though.

• DIBNLIB - Sorry that the few days away were cancelled and unlikely to be rescheduled for a while. I do hope that your visit to Mum goes OK.

A miserable wet day here. OH has now got his car back home and we parked up in Tesco as per our new Friday routine. I shopped, he went to the paper shop and then to town. There are brand new double yellow lines outside the Tesco entrance and a sign saying parking prohibited at any time. Guess what? Cars parked all along the road, nose to tail. No drivers in any of them.

I'm trying hard to say supportive things to my brother, but short of buying him a car (!)can't really offer him any comfort. It is all self inflicted, due to poor money management but that doesn't stop me feeling awful about their situation :-(((

• Hi, All.  Missions accomplished re mats and shopping this morning – got the mats lying out to uncurl before putting under our chairs – they look good.  He made us four from the trimmings we had, so two will be stored for later potential use!  Very warm outside today (well, 12 degrees!) so OH is now digging a deep hole to accommodate a Forsythia which has outgrown its pot; sure my father would say it’s wrong to do it at flowering time, but I am treating it as a container-grown subject which can be planted anytime – after all, garden centres are selling them now, and I reckon it will be okay so long as it gets a bucket of water every day!  Myself, I haven’t really done anything, apart from throw some lamb in the oven and set the timer!

Lynette – well done on approaching swimming target.  Sorry about your OH’s computer – has he got a back-up of his data which he could run on yours (we both back up to expansion drives which can be accessed from any of our computers)?

Brenda – a long day for Margo today with transfusion followed by chemo; at least it is Friday so presumably her OH is there with her.  No fog here; again not as bright now as it was this morning, but still very pleasant.  I hope you didn’t do too much with all the HW yesterday – take care!

Heather – sorry your brother’s car has added to his problems – a difficult situation.  Pleased you and OH got your car back, and made good use of it this morning.

Dibnlib – sorry I managed to phone when you were out for coffee – I will try again soon.  Sorry you couldn’t make it down south last week – and that slipping it a week on didn’t suit the family!  I hope you hear from your friends that you can see them when you go down to your Mum’s.  Meanwhile, carry on enjoying all the lovely lunches!

Will now go and see how work progresses, and then may even prepare vegs for this evening!  I seem to be quite lethargic today, still reacting to new carpet smell which affects eyes, ears etc.

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Morning all: Actually felt better yesterday as now seem to have  passed the "where are the tissues?" stage and into the "where are the cough drops?" phase. Did some sorting of stuff for thrift shop - and can't remember what else - then took a page from OG's book and did great pile of ironing, but sitting down while watching video (Parade's End).

Brenda: Thanks for passing on Margo's news - I'm sure we've all been wondering. When is she supposed to get the results of that bone marrow test? Seems so long to wait. My friend here had a CT scan of her heart two days ago and got the (good) results within 24 hours.   I'm also wondering how George is doing...

Heather: Stilton and spinach sounds lovely - that would do as a meal for me for me along with OH's dessert.  Glad your car repair came in under budget, but can imagine how your bro' must be bummed. Thing is, with people who can't manage money, helping out isn't a one-time thing - and if he were to buy a car (in France) and it had problems, who'd pay to fix them?  Don't envy you the dilemma, or at least the fretting. Must confess I'm another one who's in my nightie after dinner, sometimes embarrassingly early - except in summer, although it doesn't stay as light here as it does at your latitude.

OG: Any chance to compare churches with the folks at the lunch? I was wondering if you're happy with the one you attend now.  I often wonder about the "off-gassing" effect of new carpets, furniture, etc.

Lynette: Interesting about the Windows 10 problem; bummer that he's having trouble getting someone to fix it.

dibnlib: Shame about plans to visit OH's family; hope you can meet up with the friends.

Very gray today with rain due around 10 a.m.. I'm going to bundle up and make a quick trip to grocery store. OH would do it, but he's not as likely to inspect veggies, etc., as closely as I.

Our clocks go forward this Saturday night.

Take care everyone.

• Hi, ANNETTE.  Good to see that your overnight absence wasn't due to worsening health - but sorry you are still going through the "Where are the cough-drops" stage!  Lucky you siting down for ironing - I can't do that, probably because I never have, and maybe because I am shorter so my arms don't reach!  I think the date for Margo's bone marrow result is next Wednesday, but could be wrong!  Folks at lunch were from our previous Church of Scotland church and others we have already eliminated!  Our present one is just okay, but I don't feel like getting deeper involved there - which is difficult as reorganisation about to happen sees Minister disappearing elsewhere half the time and more tasks to be shared among the congregation, and OH is on the brink of rushing in and offering!  So we have to have "the conversation"!  Don't stay out in the rain too long, and get thoroughly dried and warmed up when you get back home from the store - take care!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• The fog burnt back and from lunch time onwards, we had a beautiful afternoon. We took a drive down to the coast. It is great how the sun makes me feel so good.

I sent Margo an e-mail and passed on your messages. I am sure she will be exhausted this evening.