Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 21 February 2016

HAPPY NEW WEEK and HAPPY FULL MOON!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

The Full Moon is Monday!

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• OG- Its a bit different here, since we have four families living near to us and one in Elgin, plus OH' s family in Aberdeen area.  I always have supplies in case of drop ins by any of them. I think that is the way it works here in the Highlands. Drop ins, and 'Hello! Come away in....'

• HEATHER - aye, the family are further away so can't really drop in - also we have good access to supplies!  I do invite people in, but that is usually for coffee (and shortbread when I have made it), not a full Scottish breakfast!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• OG, I had eggs and bacon in the fridge, black pudding in the freezer, and mushrooms which I was planning to use but donated them! Always have sausages in the freezer. Also, always have eggs,bacon,cheese, ham, salad in the fridge. I'm not as good a planner as you, but don't waste much. (Obviously, as I have hungry grandchildren!)

• LOL, HEATHER - I was only commenting on your preparedness to offer so generously!

• OG and Heather many moons ago when I first got married and moved from Chichester to Bishops Stortford my Mum sent OH special Bognor sausages by post. Only in the winter and first class was just that:-)

• Well, OG, I'm just following a family tradition, maybe!! When I was a young married with children, I never visited my mum without leaving with food from her fridge which she pressed upon me. And my son in law(Elgin) is always looking for a coffee cake to take home. I haven't made one for a while, my oven is a bit temperamental. Thats my excuse, anyway.....

• PS OG- I happen to know (!) that you are more than generous to your children in ways that don't include food xxx

• LINDY I can't remember when exactly you leave but have a wonderful holiday!

• Heather B said:

PS OG- I happen to know (!) that you are more than generous to your children in ways that don't include food xxx

We too experienced great generosity from my parents and grandparents when we were young and in need, and have always tried to do the same for our three children.  Their needs have all been different, sometimes temporary and other times ongoing, and we never attempted to treat them all exactly the same, because being "fair" does not always mean "equal".  We hope (and dare to think) that they have all learned from this and will be willing to help one another when we are no longer here.

• You are so right, OG. I struggle a bit about the equal thing but what you say makes great sense.

OH is tired so I will shut down now. Hopefully be back tomorrow with replies. Just want to say to AQ, though-

AQ- goodness knows why your daughter thought a puppy was a good idea when she and you and your OH have so much on your plates. Your daughter has broken nights with the twins, I'm sure that the puppy will only make things worse ? I'm sending hugs to you.